Kuwait’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation on Monday announced that the commercial flights between Kuwait and India will resume on Tuesday, 07th Sep 2021.
Kuwait had suspended all direct international flights from India on 24th April amid the second wave of coronavirus pandemic in India.
It may be noted that last month the DGCA, Kuwait Kuwait has announced that it will resume commercial flight operations with 6 countries including India, Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Nepal but didn’t give any time frame for the same.
Now the DCGA of Kuwait has scheduled five flights a day according to the seating capacity agreed upon by the two countries.
الطيران المدني : استئناف الرحلات التجارية المباشرة بين الكويت والهند غدا الثلاثاء pic.twitter.com/5Sce1R63lM— الطيران المدني (@Kuwait_DGCA) September 6, 2021
Last week Kuwait Airways has also issued detailed guidelines for all passengers traveling from India and other restricted countries to Kuwait;
Guidelines for travel from India to Kuwait
- Passenger showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (High Temperature/Cold/Cough/Sneezing etc.) will not be accepted on the flight to Kuwait.
- No visa on arrival facility is available at Kuwait International Airport.
- Kuwait Residence permit holders who overstayed (more than 6 months) outside Kuwait:
- Persons exited the State of Kuwait on/after Sep 01,2019 are permitted to enter Kuwait, provided they are in possession of a valid residence permit/visa.
- Persons exited the State of Kuwait on/before Aug 31, 2019 are not permitted to enter the State of Kuwait even though traveler holds a valid residence.
- Screenshots/printouts/photos of IMMUNE or Kuwait Mobile ID application will not be honored. It should be verified by using the application from passenger’s smart phone.
- Passengers shall travel to the State of Kuwait by presenting their valid digital civil ID using the Kuwait Mobile ID App.
- GCC Nationals must only use their passport to enter State of Kuwait. Travel with ID is suspended.
- GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries are; United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar and State of Kuwait.