In a significant move to enhance international tourism and economic diversification, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) extends its electronic tourist visa (e-Visa) access to citizens from six additional countries. The Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported this development on Tuesday, October 17, bringing the total number of eligible countries to 63.
The expansion of the electronic tourist visa program is a pivotal step in Saudi Arabia’s ongoing commitment to realizing the objectives outlined in its ambitious Vision 2030 plan.
The Kingdom seeks to promote economic diversification and bolster its position as a premier global tourist destination.
Saudi e-Visa – Newly Eligible Countries
The latest expansion of the electronic tourist visa program includes citizens from the following six countries:
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
These newly added countries join the existing list of eligible nations, which includes Albania, Andorra, Australia, Canada, China, and many others. The comprehensive list offers travellers a diverse range of options to explore Saudi Arabia’s rich cultural heritage, landscapes, and economic opportunities.
Key Visa Features
The electronic tourist visa, now accessible to citizens from 63 countries, boasts several attractive features. It is valid for a full year, permits multiple entries, and allows a maximum stay of up to 90 days.
Travellers from eligible countries can conveniently apply for the e-visa online or upon their arrival at any of Saudi Arabia’s international airports.
Applicants for the e-visa are advised to be aware of the following restrictions and guidelines:
- The visitor visa does not permit wage-earning activities or performing Umrah during the Haj season.
- To avoid penalties, visitors must exit the Kingdom before the specified duration of their stay.
- The duration of stay for multiple-entry visa holders is shorter.
- Visa renewal is only possible after its expiration.
Saudi Arabia – Free 96-Hour Stopover Visa
In a bid to further encourage tourism, earlier this year, Saudi Arabia unveiled the free 96-hour stopover visa. This initiative permits passengers to stay in the Kingdom for up to 96 hours, making it even more convenient for travellers to explore the cultural and economic offerings of Saudi Arabia.
Who is eligible for a Saudi e-visa?
Citizens of the following 63 countries are eligible for a Saudi e-visa:
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
What can I do with a Saudi e-visa?
A visit visa entitles you to:
- Umrah (outside of Haj season)
- Visiting friends and relatives
What are the restrictions on Saudi e-visas?
- A visitor visa does not permit you to work for a wage or perform Umrah during the Haj season.
- To avoid penalties, visitors must leave the Kingdom before the specified duration of stay.
- The stay duration of a multiple-entry visa type is shorter.
- Visa renewal is possible only after expiration.
How do I apply for a Saudi e-visa?
To apply for a Saudi e-visa, you can visit the official website of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will need to provide your personal information, passport details, and travel plans. The visa application fee is 80 Saudi riyals (approximately US$21).
Saudi Arabia’s continuous efforts to enhance its accessibility and attractions underscore its commitment to becoming a global tourism hub while advancing the goals of Vision 2030.