Saudi Arabia earlier this week announced new travel guidelines and requirements for international passengers to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to the guidelines issued, All guests will undergo 3-days self-quarantine at home after arriving at the kingdom, then take a PCR test after 2 days. If the PCR test not conducted, self-quarantine at home continues for 7 days.
The authorities have also requested all guests to download and register on Tatamman and Tawakkalna Applications.
As per the requirements issued by the Kingdom, Upon arrival, if respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) are present, then travelers must declare to Health Control Centers.
Here Are The Guidelines And Requirement For International Travelers Issued By Saudi Arabia:
Travelers who are flying to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will need to follow the following health guidelines issued by health authorities of the kingdom:
1. Non-Saudi nationals holding Tourist Visas are not allowed to enter the Kingdom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Travelling with ID has been suspended for GCC citizens.
3. All arriving guests including the members of diplomatic missions accredited in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their families (except Saudi citizens and children below 8 years of age) must provide a negative PCR test certificate issued from a verified laboratory that does not exceed (72) hours from the time the test is undertaken until departing to the kingdom, and guests who did not provide the certificate will be denied from boarding the airplane.
4. Above points not applied to countries that suspended from traveling to/from the kingdom in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as decided by the competent committee as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak in these countries. Travel suspended (except guests with official government invitations and health practitioners from India and their families) to and from India, Brazil, and Argentina, including any person who has been in these countries in the last (14) days prior to their arrival at the Kingdom.
5. All guests must fill out and sign the Health Disclaimer Form below before arriving at KSA airports then hand it over to the health control center upon arrival at the airport.
6. All guests will undergo 3-days of self-quarantine at home after arriving at the kingdom, then take a PCR test after 2 days. If the PCR test not conducted, self-quarantine at home continues for 7 days.
7. All guests must download and register on Tatamman and Tawakkalna Applications.
8. Guests must assign home location Through Tatamman app within 8 hours of arrival.
9. Guests must monitor COVID-19 symptoms and immediately call 937 if any symptoms appeared or go to the primary healthcare center or emergency if necessary.
10. Guests must do daily health assessment in Tatamman app.
11. Guests must follow precautionary procedures during self-quarantine at home as stated in the Health Disclaimer Form.
12. Aircraft crews coming to Saudi Arabia and guests who need to leave Saudi Arabia are permitted to leave before completing the approved quarantine period, according to the following conditions:
- They do not show symptoms of suspected infection with Coronavirus.
- To go directly from the quarantine to the airport.
- The presence of negative PCR test results for a sample taken after arrival in KSA, with exception of aircraft crews.
And after entry, the Govt. has requested to avoid large gatherings and not to invite to such gatherings and also maintain handwashing with soap and water and sanitization.
The statement also warned that violations of the norms are subject to prosecution under (Health Control at Points of Entry Regulation). They would be subjected to fines not exceeding (500,000) Saudi Riyals and held accountable to consequences of their violation on others. Penalties are doubled when violations are repeated.
However, the passengers can request healthcare when symptoms suggestive of infection appear, by calling health authorities on 937 and comply with preventive measures to protect the public.