In a significant development for Indian travellers planning to visit Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Immigration Department has introduced a mandatory pre-arrival registration process. This new requirement is designed to ensure a smooth entry process for Indian nationals into the vibrant city.
Vistara, a prominent Indian airline, has also shared crucial guidelines to help passengers navigate this new regulation seamlessly.
Hong Kong Pre-Arrival Registration Process
Indian nationals intending to travel to Hong Kong must complete a pre-arrival registration process online before their journey. This online registration is a mandatory prerequisite for Indian travellers heading to Hong Kong.
To avoid any last-minute hiccups, it is strongly advised to complete this process well in advance of your intended travel date.
Upon successful registration, travellers will receive a computer-generated notification slip. This slip must be printed on A4-sized paper and presented at the airline’s check-in counter.
The details on the notification slip must match the traveller’s passport information exactly. Failure to present this document may result in denied boarding.
Vistara, a prominent Indian airline, has urged passengers to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Complete the pre-arrival registration well in advance.
- Print the notification slip and carry it during the travel.
- Ensure the details on the notification slip match the passport information.
- Visit the Hong Kong Government Immigration Department website for detailed registration procedures.
Hong Kong Visa Requirements
Indian passport holders typically require a visa to enter Hong Kong for tourism, business, or family visits. Visa requirements may vary depending on the purpose and duration of the stay.
However, some Indian passport holders with certain types of valid visas, such as a BNO (British National Overseas) passport or a US visa, may be eligible for Pre-Arrival Registration (PAR) instead of a visa. PAR allows short visits to Hong Kong for tourism or business purposes.
New Flight Services Between Delhi and Hong Kong
On October 29, Vistara inaugurated daily non-stop flights between Delhi and Hong Kong. The airline is utilizing its A320neo aircraft with a three-class configuration to provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers on this route.
Vistara emphasizes the importance of this new requirement and encourages its passengers to follow these guidelines to ensure a hassle-free travel experience.
Indian nationals who meet the following criteria can apply for PAR:
– Hold a valid Indian passport with at least six months of validity remaining
– Intend to visit or transit through the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for a stay not exceeding 14 days
If you’re transiting directly through HKSAR by air and won’t leave the airport transit area, PAR is not required. However, if you plan to enter HKSAR during your transit, PAR is mandatory.
Certain categories of Indian nationals are exempt from the PAR requirement:
– Holders of valid Indian diplomatic or official passports
– Holders of United Nations Laissez Passer visiting or transiting HKSAR for official United Nations business
– Individuals enrolled in the e-Channel service for Frequent Visitors
– Holders of valid HKSAR Travel Pass
– Individuals with valid entry visas for HKSAR
– Operating aircrew or sea crew members, or contract seamen
Indian nationals intending to visit/transit HKSAR for more than 14 days or for purposes other than visit/transit (e.g., employment, study, or residency) must apply for an appropriate visa from the Immigration Department of HKSAR following the existing procedures.
No, there is no age restriction for applying for PAR. All Indian nationals planning to visit HKSAR, regardless of age, must apply for PAR unless they fall under the exempted categories mentioned in Q3.
The introduction of mandatory pre-arrival registration for Indian travellers to Hong Kong is a positive step towards streamlining entry procedures and enhancing the overall travel experience. Indian nationals are encouraged to follow the guidelines carefully and ensure they have the necessary documentation to avoid any inconveniences at the airport.