Ethiopia’s borders remain open to international travelers who meet the Ethiopian visa requirements. Airline passengers are required to follow a particular COVID-19 safety protocol on arrival in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopian Airline
- Air India
- Kenyan Airline
Eligible Travelers To Ethiopia
- Indian National all types of visa
- African nationals/residents and foreign nationals holding valid Ethiopian visas
Eligible Travelers To India
- Indian Nationals and OCI /POI Cardholders holding any country passport
- All Foreign Nationals on work permit and Business visitors
Protocols For Travelling To Ethiopia
- All passengers traveling to Ethiopia MUST present a negative RT PCR test certificate for COVID-19 before boarding a flight. The certificate validity shouldn’t exceed 120 hours on arrival from the date sample is given. with QR code (Other African countries refer portal)
- Self declaration form to be filled at Airport at Exit.
Protocols For Travelling To India
- RT-PCR Test mandatory 72 hr. prior to departure.
- Submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal and upload a negative COVID-19 RTPCR report.
- Exemption form required only in case of exigency due to the death in the family, to be applied online at least 72 hours prior boarding.
- Registration Mandatory for OCI card Holder with Indian embassy.
- Ethiopia– Not Applicable
- India – 14 Days HQ “Mandatory RT-PCR negative certificate” (State wise rules differs)