The CDC of the United States on Tuesday advised its citizens to reconsider any travel to India due to the current high level of Covid-19 cases in the country.
The new advisory comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level-3 Travel Health Notice for India due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country.
“Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers, the State Department said.
Placing India on “Level 3” travel advisory, the State Department advised its citizens to reconsider travel to India due to COVID-19. It also advised them to exercise increased caution in India due to crime and terrorism.
What is Level 3 Warning?
Warning Level 3 (Red): Avoid all non-essential travel to this destination. The outbreak is of high risk to travelers and no precautions are available to protect against the identified increased risk.
Key Information for Travelers to India
- Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to India.
- Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to India.
- Because of the current situation in India, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
- Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in India, including wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart from others.
Guidelines For International Passengers Arriving In India
The Government of India has recently changed its guidelines for international passengers arriving in the country. MOHFW said in view of the changed scenario the existing guidelines necessitate a revision.
This new Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) shall be valid w.e.f. 22nd January 2022 00.01 Hrs IST till further orders.
As per the new guidelines;
- Travelers need to submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal & upload negative RT-PCR test report conducted 72 hrs prior to the journey
- Travelers who have to test on arrival can pre-book test on Air Suvidha Portal
Check the detailed guidelines: Updated Travel Guidelines For International Passengers Arriving In India