Singapore Airlines has extended its global travel waiver policy, now offering customers who purchased a ticket on or before 15th March 2020, for travel up to 31st August 2020, the option to retain the full value of the unused portion of their tickets as flight credits.
These flight credits can be used to book new travel up to 31st December 2021 (note that this date was extended last month).
This is designed to give you flexibility to plan, book and travel between now and well into next year, with no-show and rebooking fees waived.
“Singapore Airlines knows that many of our customers have had their travel plans disrupted by the Covid-19 outbreak.
We have therefore further enhanced our global travel waiver policy to offer even more flexibility for them when they are ready to book their travel with us once again’” said the airline.
Extension of Flight Credits to 31 December 2021
Customers who purchased a SIA or SilkAir ticket on or before 15 March 2020, for travel up to 31 August 2020, can retain the full value of the unused portion of their tickets as flight credits. These can be used to book their new travel up till 31 December 2021. This gives customers the flexibility to plan, book and travel from now until then. We will also waive no-show and rebooking fees, allowing customers to truly enjoy the full value of their flight credits.
Bonus Flight Credits
We will award bonus flight credits to all customers holding adult fare tickets* who choose to retain their tickets as flight credits. This is our way of thanking them for their support during this challenging period. Based on the original cabin class of travel, they will receive the following bonus flight credits when making a new booking with us:
- Economy Class : SGD75
- Premium Economy Class : SGD100
- Business Class : SGD200
- Suites / First Class : SGD500
Customers who opted to keep their tickets open due to the Covid-19 outbreak will also retain the value of the unused portion of their ticket as flight credits. They will also automatically qualify for the bonus flight credits.
Similarly, customers whose flights were cancelled by SIA or SilkAir will retain the full value of the unused portion of their tickets as flight credits. They will also be awarded the bonus flight credits when rebooking their travel.
Refunds for Customers
- Customers who meet the above conditions, but do not wish to keep the value of their tickets as flight credits, will be offered the option of a refund. Cancellation fees and no-show fees will be waived.
- Customers who used miles to redeem their flight tickets will have both their miles and taxes refunded.
- Those who purchased their tickets using a combination of miles and cash will receive a refund as well. They will not be eligible for any flight credits.
The airline said they will be prioritising the processing of refunds based on earliest scheduled departure dates. For example, departures scheduled for April 2020 will be processed first, followed by departures in May 2020.
RETAINING THE VALUE OF YOUR TICKET AS FLIGHT CREDITS
- Customers who booked directly with us should use the online Covid-19 assistance request form to retain the unused value of their tickets as flight credits.
- Those who meet the criteria in our global travel waiver policy will receive a confirmation email immediately. For all other customers, please allow up to two weeks for us to review the request.
- Please be assured that if your request is submitted before your original travel date, all no-show fees will be waived.
Do note that this only applies to travel scheduled up to 31 July 2020.
When you have firmed up your new travel plans, please submit your preferred rebooking options and travel dates using the Covid-19 assistance request form. The airline’s customer service representative will follow up on your request.
Customers are encouraged to contact their local Singapore Airlines reservation and ticketing offices if they intend to travel in the next 72 hours.
Customers who booked directly with us should use the online Covid-19 assistance request form to cancel their existing booking and request for a refund.
Those who meet the criteria in our travel waiver policy will receive a confirmation email immediately upon submission of their online request. Customers will then not be able to retain the value of their ticket as flight credits or be eligible for bonus credits.
Once the refund has been processed, a refund notification will be sent to customers.
For more Terms & Conditions, please visit Singapore Airline’s official website.
(Source – Singapore Airlines)