Saudi Arabia has issued new guidelines for pilgrims who wish to visit the holy city of Mecca during the month of Ramadan 2021.
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah announces the procedure and health requirements to issue Umrah, prayer, and visit permits during the holy month of Ramadan 2021 which begins from April 12.
The Procedure of Issuing Umrah, Prayer, and Visit Permits During the Month of Ramadan 2021
- Issue Umrah, prayer, and visit permits via Eatmarna or Tawakkalna applications
- Show the permit and verify its validity through the Tawakkalna application
To issue a permit, the health condition must be (Immune):
- Completed the doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Or spent 14 days after taking the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Or recovered from COVID-19.
The ministry will strictly allow pilgrims who have been vaccinated (with two jabs) against Covid-19 or those who have already recovered from it to enter into the Grand Mosque of Mecca.
The ministry will also grant entry to those worshippers who have received their first dose at least 14 days prior to their visit.
All travelers need to register either on Tawakkalna, Saudi Arabia’s Covid-19 app, or Eatmarna before planning a visit to Mecca.
Also Read: Oman To Ban Entry of Visitors From April 8