The Govt of Singapore on Monday allow fully vaccinated travelers from India to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) for travel on VTL flights from India to Singapore.
The announcement comes a day after the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) signed an agreement with the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) of India to resume scheduled commercial passenger flights between two countries.
The applications for Vaccinated Travel Pass has opened at 6 pm on Monday.
How To Apply For Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP)
Travelers planning to apply for VTP should present a digital proof for full vaccination.
They are also required to take two Covid-19 tests, of which the first has to be taken within two days before departing for the city-state.
The other, meanwhile, has to be taken upon arrival at the Changi airport, following which the visitors have to keep themselves under self-isolation, until the result turns out to be negative.
- There is no quota on VTPs issued for air travel. If you are entering Singapore after 1 Dec, please apply on another day.
- Get ready your passport, proof of vaccination and self-isolation address before applying.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents do not need to apply.
- VTP applications for land travel have not opened. Details will be announced later.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the Singapore Government Agency from the above link. Click on ‘Create New VTP Application’. Advertisement
- Step 2: Enter your name and active e-mail address. An OTP will be generated.
- Step 3: Enter the OTP and captcha displayed on your screen. Now, add your travel details-country of departure. For India, the details are available from Monday after 6PM and the intended date of travel.
- Step 4: You will be asked to enter all your personal information, such as your passport number. Click on ‘Submit’.
Flights from India to Singapore
Schedule commercial flights between India and Singapore will operate under the latter’s Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) starting November 29. As of now, Singapore has plan to operate six designated VTL flights daily 2 each from Chennai, Delhi, and Mumbai.
Airlines can also operate non-VTL flights between India and Singapore; however, those who are traveling on non-VTL flights into Singapore will have to follow the border measures.
It must be noted that the airlines will announce the schedules for the VTL and non-VTL flights when ready.
Vaccinated Travel Lanes For More Countries
Singapore has also launch the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTLs) for Finland, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Sweden from 29 November 2021 and will open for Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) applications from 22 November 2021.
Similarly, the country will launch the VTLs for Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates from 6 December 2021, and will open for VTP applications from 29 November 2021.