The Govt. of Nepal (Council of Ministers) on Monday announced new travel protocols (guidelines) for tourists who are planning to visit the country.
As per the latest guidelines, it is mandatory for all the visitors/tourists to submit a negative RT-PCR test report of the swab taken before 72 hours of boarding or they can also show a report of complete vaccination against Covid-19.
They can continue with their travel plans if the report is negative. In case of a positive report, the tourist must continue to stay in hotel quarantine at their own cost until the report reads negative.
— Nepal Tourism Board (@nepaltourismb) March 29, 2021Advertisement
As per the air bubble agreement between both countries tourists can travel between India and Nepal.
As per the circular from the ministry of culture, tourism and civil aviation, “Tourists visiting Nepal through air route (airlines) can access on arrival visa from the immigration desk at Tribhuvan International Airport, in case Nepal’s visa is not available or difficult to avail in the tourist home country.
“All tourists visiting Nepal through land route can enter Nepal only after acquiring visa from their home country. ”
India Nepal Air Bubble Agreement
- From India to Nepal:
- Indian nationals and nationals of Nepal. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Nepal before the issue of ticket/ boarding pass to the Indian passenger;
- Third-country nationals (including diplomats) holding valid visa/entry permit for Nepal, if required.
- From Nepal to India:
- Indian nationals and nationals of Nepal;
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders and Person of Indian Origin cardholders holding passports of any country; and
- All third-country nationals (including diplomats) intending to travel to India for any purpose (including their dependents on the appropriate category of dependent visa) except those on Tourist Visa.
- Only such passengers who are destined for Nepal are allowed to travel on flights from India to Nepal. Similarly, only passengers originating in Nepal are allowed to travel on flights from Nepal to India.