The Maharashtra government on Friday said that it has decided to allow the local trains to run for the general public in Mumbai from 1 February in fixed time slots.
“The local train services will be restricted to the essential services staff only as is being permitted currently from 7 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm,” an order issued by the Maharashtra government read.
Here is the complete order statement issued by the Maharashtra Government
Local train services be allowed to all categories of the public in the following manner:
1. Local train services be allowed from the start of services fix the day to 7 AM and then again from 12 PM to 4 PM in the afternoon and from 9 PM to closure of local train services for the day with effect from February 2021.
2. The local train services will be restricted to the essential services staff only as is bang permitted currently, from 7 A.M to 12 PM rid from 4 PM to 9 PM.
3. The state government is also directing that –
- Shops will be allowed to operate till 2100 hrs
- Restaurants will be allowed to open till 1 AM
- But, 30% limit for staff will continue to be in force and above establishments will be allowed to operate as per the SOPS issued for the daily operations of the same by various departments of the State Government
4. State Government authorities, will also be requesting all the above establishments to stagger their work schedule in a manner wherein the staff of the same will be able to avail the services of the local trains in the timings mentioned above.
Mumbai local train services were suspended in March last year due to the coronavirus induced lockdown and re-started gradually since.
The decision was taken after Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray’s review meeting on the issue of resumption of suburban train services, considered as the lifeline of Mumbai, for all members of the public.
“Activities already allowed and permitted from time to time shall be continued and all earlier orders shall be aligned with this order and shall remain in force up to 28 February,” reads the Maharashtra government statement.
The order also said that the existing guidelines will be strictly implemented by all the departments of the Maharashtra government.
Also Read – UK Temporarily Suspends Direct Flights From UAE