The Govt. of India on Tuesday issued new SOPs for All flyers arriving in India from the United Kingdom; As per the new SOP all passengers will be mandatorily tested for COVID-19 while those testing positive for the new virus strain will be kept in a separate isolation unit.
In the new SOPs, all passengers arriving from the United Kingdom will have to undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing at the airports. Those testing positive for the new virus variant will be kept in a separate isolation unit for at least 14 days before they are tested again.
“Those who are found negative on testing with RT-PCR at the airport would be advised quarantine at home,” the guidelines issued by the Civil Aviation Ministry read.
“Union Health Ministry issues Standard Operating Procedure for epidemiological surveillance and response in the context of a new variant of SARS-CoV-2 virus detected in the United Kingdom.”
#IndiaFightsCorona #Unite2FightCorona— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) December 22, 2020
Health Ministry issues Standard Operating Procedure for Epidemiological Surveillance and Response in the context of new variant of SARS-CoV-2 virus detected in United Kingdom.https://t.co/K1afqwckwy pic.twitter.com/SMsuZbRqSl
The New SOPs For UK Flyers Stated:-
- If people coming to India from Britain between December 21 to 23 are found positive with the new strain of coronavirus, then they will have to undergo a separate test. This will be the responsibility of the state government.
- All international travelers are required to declare travel history of the past 14 days and fill up a Self-Declaration Form to be screened at airports for COVID-19 using the RT-PCR test.
- The people found positive with the new strain will be kept in the Isolation Center of the state government. The samples will be sent to NIV Pune.
- If the current COVID-19 strain is found in an infected person, home isolation will be administered given the severity.
- However, if the new variant is found, then the person will have to spend 14 days in the Government Isolation Center. After that, the test will be done again.
- The person will only be discharged after the sample is tested negative twice in 24 hours interval.
- From November 25 till now, the Bureau of Immigration will give information about people coming from Britain to India to the respective state governments.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) said on Monday that the government of India has decided that all flights originating from the UK to India shall be temporarily suspended till 11:59 pm, December 31. “This suspension to start w.e.f. 11.59 pm, 22nd December. Consequently, flights from India to the UK shall stand temporarily suspended during the above said period.”,