Residents stranded outside the UAE due to Covid-19-triggered travel restrictions can start returning to the country from June 1. The announcement made late on Monday comes as a relief for many families who have a loved one stuck abroad.
Earlier, residents had to register on a Ministry of Foreign Affairs service called Twajudi, which fast-tracked the return of humanitarian or special cases.
Now, these residents can register on the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
Here is the step-by-step process:
1. Remember: Do not book travel tickets unless you obtain an approval for your application.
2. Documents required:
- Colour photo
- Copy of residency
- Passport copy
- Proof for visit abroad (this can be a letter from the workplace, education institution or flight ticket if the reason was tourism)
4. Scroll down to the last option on the list of smart services: ‘OTHER SERVICES – RESIDENTS OUTSIDE UAE – ENTRY PERMISSION – ISSUE’
5. Click on ‘Start service’.
6. Fill the e-form, attach documents, review your application and submit.
(Source: Khaleej Times)
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.