Scheduled International Passenger Flights traffic in India has been suspended since March 23 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In the meantime, special international flights have been operating since May as part of the Vande Bharat Mission and since July under bilateral bubble agreements with other countries.
“International passengers arriving at Bengaluru Airport must ensure that these guidelines are followed for smooth and hassle-free travel,” tweeted the official Twitter handle of Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru.
Arrival guidelines for international passengers
- Upon arrival, international passengers will undergo thermal screening and pulse oximeter test.
- Symptomatic passengers will be segregated and sent to a dedicated Covid health Centre for Testing.
- Home isolation or admission to a Covid hospital, based on the test results.
Arrival guidelines for asymptomatic international passengers
- Home quarantine for 14 days
- If home quarantine is not possible, passengers shall be allowed institurional quarantine.
- A Government of Karnataka circular mandates that violators will be prosecuted if they do not follow home quarantine
Arrival guidelines for international/business short-term travellers
- Confirmed return ticket of not more than 7 days from date of arrival.
- Purpose of visit/invitation letter.
- Place of stay/hotel reservation.
- Valid visa.
- No test or quarantine for short visits of 48 hours from arrival.
If the duration of stay is more than 48 hours and less than 7 days:
- Covid-19 test test on arrival.
- Upon testing negative, proceed for personal/work engagements
- Passengers with negative RT-PCR test report, conducted within 96 hrs prior to journey, will be exempted from testing on arrival.