In view of Government directives due to prevailing COVID-19 situation, leading to the suspension of flight operations between India and the United Kingdom (from 22Dec- 31Dec 20), Oman and Saudi Arabia (22 Dec-29 Dec 2020).
To facilitate the passenger booked to travel on Air India’s flight on the above-mentioned dates, Air India has decided to offer the following benefits/flexibility for passengers to fly with the airline again, for travel between India and the United Kingdom, Oman and Saudi Arabia;
This waiver is applicable for tickets Issued on 098 Document.
New Ticket Travel Validity
- New tickets travel validity, irrespective of the date of purchase, will be as detailed below or will be as per Holding Tickets/Fares Standard Validity, whichever is later or maximum.
- The new ticket validity will be 31DEC21 and Journey must be completed before this date.
- Change Penalty Waiver: For Ticketed Itinerary, between 22 DEC 20 and 31 DEC 20 only for the first instance, charges for Date, Flight, Routing, Sector, and Booking Code will be waived. For any subsequent change, original ticketing conditions w.r.t penalties I.e. Change, No-show will apply.
- Cancellation fee waiver.
Applicability Of Fare Difference
- NIL fare difference will be applicable for First Instance only.
- For any subsequent change, only fare to be reassessed and the difference in fare to be collected as per Original Issue, by using manual tariffication, and Ignoring Fare Validity (if It is lower, for new planned itinerary).
- The benefit of new validity will be as mentioned In point (B) may be offered to the passenger. Down selling of RBD/FARE is not permitted.