12 Easiest Countries To Get A Schengen Visa


Obtaining a Schengen visa from a non-EU country can be a nightmare due to lengthy processing times, numerous paperwork requirements, and significant delays.

Recently, a Twitter user shared a picture of the massive paperwork required for getting a Schengen visa, which looks like a whole book.


“Applying for a tourist visa to one of the most developed countries of the world. This is the amount of paper I m supposed to carry to prove that I have the money to stay there and come back,” said Saptarshi Prakash in his Tweet.

And even if you complete all of the requirements and go through the lengthy process, there is a very high chance of rejection because many EU countries tightened visa requirements following the Covid-19.

Not just that, a few extra checks, such as vaccination certificate verification, are now part of the visa application process, causing complications in visa processing.

Schengen Visa to Greece

So, if you’re planning a trip to Europe, here’s a list of the 12 easiest countries to obtain a Schengen visa for.

12 Easiest Countries to Get A Schengen Visa

1. Lithuania

Lithuania, officially the Republic of Lithuania, is a country in Europe’s Baltic region that is one of the easiest to obtain a Schengen visa. In total, 98.7% of those who applied for a Schengen Visa to Lithuania received a positive response.


Furthermore, unlike other popular countries such as France and Germany, Lithuania receives fewer applications, which means that if you apply for a visa for this country, you will have a shorter wait time for an appointment.

2. Estonia

Estonia, a Northern European country bordering the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Finland, is also on the list of the easiest EU countries to get a visa from. According to 2018 rejection rates, only 1.6% of applications lodged at Estonian embassies abroad were rejected, while the rest were granted access to the Schengen Area with a short-term visa.

Furthermore, Estonia is the sixth Schengen country with the fewest visa applications, implying that its embassies are less crowded.

3. Finland

Finland is a country in Northern Europe that borders Sweden, Norway, and Russia. With a lower rejection rate, obtaining a visa should not be a problem. However, in order for your application to be accepted, you must provide proof of overseas medical insurance.


4. Iceland

Iceland, a Nordic island nation, is also an easy country to obtain a visa to the Schengen Area, with only 1.7% of applications rejected in 2018.

However, you should first check where you need to apply, as Iceland is mostly represented by other countries and does not have a large number of consulates of its own. This means that if the Icelandic consulate is busy, you may have to wait a little longer for an appointment.

5. Latvia

Latvia, the country on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Estonia is another Schengen country from which it is easier to obtain a Schengen visa. According to reports, only 2.1% of the applications received were rejected, implying that you have a good chance of getting a visa from this country.

6. Poland

Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is a Central European country that is also easier to obtain a visa. Despite a 0.9 difference with Latvia, applicants for a Schengen visa to Poland have a 97% chance of being approved. The Central European country had a visa rejection rate of only 3%.


7. Luxembourg

Luxembourg, a small European country surrounded by Belgium, France, and Germany, maybe the simplest way to enter Schengen, especially if you intend to visit its neighbouring countries. With only a 3.7% rejection rate Luxembourg, which is also the country with the fewest applications, appears to be a good deal for Schengen visa applicants.

8. Slovakia

Slovakia, officially the Slovak Republic, is a landlocked country in Central Europe. Those who apply for a Schengen visa at a Slovak consulate have a 95.8% chance of being approved. Slovakia’s embassies abroad rejected only 4.2% of the total applications received making it the fifth Schengen country with the fewest applications.

9. The Czech Republic

The Czech Republic, also known as Czechia, is a landlocked country in Central Europe that is also considered an easy country to obtain a Schengen Visa. The Czech Republic, in particular, has a visa approval rate of 95.3%.

10. Greece

Greece, a country in southeastern Europe, is the fifth most popular destination for short-term visitors to the Schengen area. The Greek embassies abroad approved 95.1% of the applications received last year. This places Greece among the countries where obtaining a Schengen Visa is simple.


11. Belgium

Belgium, a country in Western Europe, only has a 5.55% rejection rate for visa applications. This indicates that your chances of obtaining a Belgium visa are very high. This region, bordered by Germany, the Netherlands, France, and Luxembourg, has a rich cultural heritage and offers visitors the opportunity to explore its many beautiful historic cities.

12. Switzerland

Switzerland is one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in the world and is famed for the beautiful Swiss Alps and breathtaking landscape. And, with a lesser number of rejection rates, you can easily plan a Swiss trip without much thinking.


Because the visa application process is the same for all countries, no country provides an easier visa. The speed with which a country responds to your visa application is what makes the difference; for example, France is known to respond in the shortest amount of time when compared to other countries.

Always carry your ID or passport when travelling in the Schengen area, as there are random passport checks despite the absence of border controls. Many Schengen countries require foreign nationals to carry proof of identity.


Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!


Manish Khandelwal
Manish Khandelwal

Manish Khandelwal, a tech enthusiast with over a decade of experience in the travel industry. Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Travelobiz.com, he's passionate about writing.

Articles: 5801