Full-service carrier Vistara has been allowed to operate 4 weekly flights between Delhi, India, and London, the United Kingdom starting from 16th August 2021 under the Vande Bharat Mission.
The announcement comes the Ministry of Civil Aviation has allowed as many as 60 flights to operate between India and the UK amid the high travel demand.
“Out of the 30 frequencies per week available to Indian carriers, 26 frequencies have been allotted to Air India and the remaining 4 frequencies have been allotted to Vistara Airlines.”
As per the schedule published on the official website of Vistara, it will be operating 4 weekly flights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday from Delhi to London and a return flight from London every Monday and Friday.
Vistara Delhi-London-Delhi Flight Schedule
|Flight||Departure||Arrival||Dep. Time||Arr. Time||Frequency||Eff. From|
Vistara has also issued detailed guidelines for passengers who wish to travel to the United Kingdom from India.
United Kingdom Travel Guidelines
- Travelers from India will no longer need to undergo mandatory hotel quarantine and can self isolate quarantine at home for 10 days.
- Must take a COVID-19 test 3 calendar days prior to departure from India.
- COVID-19 tests to be taken on the day 2 and 8 after the arrival to be booked in advance. Day of arrival will be considered as Day 0.
- Under the voluntary Test to Release scheme, travelers can choose to pay for another private Covid-19 test on day 5 of the quarantine. If the result is negative, they can end their quarantine on or after day 5.
- Visitor visas will be processed and visitor visa holders can travel and enter the UK. All nationalities who are correctly documented under UK immigration rules may travel to England as of 0400 Hrs. (BST) Sunday 8th August’21, but they must follow the Amber list entry rules.
- The current policy around vaccines exempting travelers from any quarantine only applies to those travelers vaccinated in the EU, US and UK.
Vistara also advised its passengers to refer to the advisory issued by the relevant government authorities before their travel.