As part of a series of enhancements to give further flexibility to customers, Virgin Atlantic has introduced unlimited free date and flight changes for new bookings Alongside the improved changes policy.
The rebooking horizon has been extended for all customers all the way until April 30, 2023. According to the airline, this will give a broader window of time to reschedule plans if needed.
- As per the policy, the cost of fare difference for all customers will be completely waived if the new travel date takes place on or before May 31, 2021 – a two-month extension on the previous policy.
The updated commercial policy enables Virgin Atlantic customers making a new booking for travel up to April 30, 2022, or those with a cancelled flight up until August 31, 2021, to make as many free-of-charge changes as necessary to their travel dates, origin or destination all the way until April 30, 2023, as well as one free name change.
The changes also apply to customers who already have an open ticket with credit due to flight disruption.
- Also Read – SpiceJet Announces 24 New Domestic Flights From Ajmer, Jaisalmer, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru
- Moreover, the increased flexibility is also reflected in the policies for Virgin Holidays.
- All customers with a booked travel date up until April 30, 2022, including those with a digital voucher for a disrupted holiday, can rebook up until April 30, 2023 with unlimited free-of-charge date changes where Virgin Atlantic is the airline, providing at least three weeks’ notice is given prior to travel.
- However, all customers with a cancelled holiday or flight have the right to request a cash refund and self-service this option via the Virgin Holidays and Virgin Atlantic websites.
Juha Jarvinen, Chief Commercial Officer, Virgin Atlantic, said, “We understand the difficulties that COVID-19 and ongoing travel restrictions may pose to our customers, so in order to support them we have revised and simplified our policies. By further increasing flexibility, customers making new travel plans will enjoy unlimited opportunities to make free changes, all the way until 30 April 2023, offering greater peace of mind and enabling them to book future travel with confidence.Advertisement
“We look forward to welcoming our customers back on board and when the time is right, flying them safely to their favourite destinations.”
All Virgin Atlantic customers with a pre-existing booking made up to and including February 5, 2021, also have the flexibility to reschedule their travel for a new travel date up to and including April 23, 2023.
If their rebooked travel is between June 1, 2021, and December 31, 2022, any fare difference will be waived up to the value of £60 for Economy, £120 for Premium and £350 for Upper.
For the latest travel news and updates, Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin!
Also Read – Travel Advisory For Indian Nationals Intending To Travel Saudi Arabia