VFS Global issued an important update on Tuesday for its Italy visa customers in India, stating that applicants who required ‘Nulla Osta’ can now submit their application at the VFS’s application centre in New Delhi by making an appointment.
It is worth mentioning here that certain types of requests require the ‘Nulla Osta’ permission, which allows foreign citizens to live and work in Italy for more than 90 days.
When applying for certain types of residence permits or stay, the “Nulla Osta” document must be presented to the Immigration Police Department.
Nulla Osta will be requested in the following cases:
- Weeding in Italy.
- Family Reunion.
- Official Employment in Italy (Carta Blu)
- Self-employment (Lavoro Autonomo)
“Applicants in possession of Nulla Osta can submit their applications at our Visa Application Centres in New Delhi by booking a prior appointment.”
Customers must go to the “Book an Appointment” page on the official VFS Global website in order to schedule an appointment, and they must then “Sign In” or “Create an Account” to do so.
Important Update For Tourist Visa Applicants
The VFS on its official website also provides updates for those applying for tourist visas and advises them to make an appointment under the appropriate category in accordance with their purpose of travel. It stated;
- If your purpose of travel is Tourism only, you must book an appointment under the Tourist category;
- If your purpose of travel is Visiting Family and Friends Non-EU National, you must book an appointment under Visiting Family and Friends Non-EU National;
- If your purpose of travel is Visiting a Family Member of EU/Italian National or Accompanying The EU/Italian National, you must book an appointment under Visiting EU National.
The VFS also stated that any appointment booked under the wrong category will not be accepted and the appointment will be treated as null and void and will not issue any refund in such cases.