Are you planning a trip to Canada for vacation, work, or study? If yes then you must be concerned about the visa because it is becoming more difficult to obtain and many travellers lack proper information about the frequent changes in the Canada Visa process.
Don’t worry we have got your back!
In this article, we have covered all the most recent updates issued by VFS Global for Canada visa customers in India, as well as everything else you need to know before applying for a Canada visa in India.
Canada Visa Updates
According to most recent updates issued by the VFS Global, effective Monday, 01st August 2022 Canada Visa applicants can submit their passports (with prior appointment) and collect their decision envelopes (walk-in) from Monday-Friday between 9:00 to 17:00 Hrs at all Visa Application centres in India. Applicants can also visit the VACs for walk-in information/enquiries between 9:00 to 17:00 Hrs.
- Saturday walk-in service will be discontinued effective 1st August 2022.
- A two-way courier service for passport submission will continue as an option.
Please Note: The passport submission for Canada Visa will require a prior appointment VFS: WebForm (mioot.com).
It is worth mentioning here that only applicants and their accompanying family members are permitted to visit visa application centres to submit passports and obtain decision envelopes.
Appointment For Passport Submission
In order to schedule a passport submission appointment for their Canada Visa Application, applicants must visit https://cicforms.mioot.com/forms/PS/ to apply and provide an India mobile number to generate the One Time Password (OTP).
Please keep the following points in mind when scheduling an appointment to submit your passport for your Canada Visa Application.
- Your passport submission letter is valid for 30 days.
- Passport submission appointments are free of cost. Beware of anyone who asks for payments for booking an appointment slot.
- Please be very careful while uploading your details in the web form. Your appointment;
- date and time will be allocated on a first come first serve basis
- is non-transferable and information once updated cannot be changed
- and may not be entertained if the appointment letter details do not match with the passport submission letter issued by IRCC
- Appointment letters will be sent from an e-mail id. With domain email@example.com.
- Individual appointments should be booked for each family member in all categories.
Update On Biometric
According to previous VFS Global updates, the IRCC is no longer accepting expired Biometric Instruction Letters (BIL). Please make sure you have a valid BIL before going to the Canada Visa Application Centre to enrol in biometrics.
You have 30 days after receiving the Passport Request Letter to submit your passport. Administrative time for passport pick-up and delivery to the High Commission should be factored in within 30 days.
To arrange for a courier for passport pick-up, you must use the VFS webform at https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/.
Passport submission letters that have expired will not be accepted. Applicants who do not submit their passports within the 30-day deadline will have their applications denied for noncompliance.
IMPORTANT: Booking an appointment with VFS Global to submit your Canada visa application and to enroll Biometrics is a free service. Beware of persons who may demand payment for it.
Canada Visit Visa
Canada Visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa is a official document that stick into your passport in a sticker form. It proves that you meet the requirements for entry into Canada.a
Most visitors to Canada require a visitor visa. You may also require one if you are passing through a Canadian airport en route to your final destination. Canada visitor visa can be obtained either online or offline.
Documents Required For Canada Visit/Tourist Visa
According to the IRCC website, applicants for a Canada Visit or Tourism Visa will need the following documents;
- Original Passports with 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Canada + Old passports if any.
- Visa Application Forms.
- 3 Color photograph: 35mm x 45mm, White background, matt finish,80% face size.
- Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel, and details of the other members travelling with you.
- Hotel Bookings.
- Day to Day tour Itinerary.
- Air tickets
- Original Leave letter from Employer/School/College.
- Salary slips for last 6 months if employed.
- If Self Employed – Shop Act / MOA /Deed.
- Original personal bank statements for last 6 months updated with healthy and sufficient balance.
- Income Tax returns / Form 16 for last 3 years.
- If Student – School/College ID card copy.
- If Retired – Retirement proof/pension passbook or slips.
- Other financial documents like FD, NSC, PPF, Shares, Property papers etc.
Canada Visit Visa Fees
|Visitor visa (including super visa) – per person||100$ CAD|
|Visitor visa – family (5 or more)||500$ CAN|
|Extend your stay as a visitor – per person||100$ CAD|
|Restore your status as a visitor||200$ CAD|
Canada Visa Processing Times
The processing time indicates how long it took us in the past to process most complete applications. If your application is incomplete, it may be delayed or returned. The processing time for Canada Visa begins when the IRCC receive your complete application and ends when we reach a decision.
It is worth noting that the visa processing time may vary depending on the number of applications received.
Previously, Canadian authorities had to complete the process within 15 days of receiving an application. However, depending on the current situation, it could take up to 160 days. You can always check the Canada visa processing time by clicking the button below.
It must be noted that the Canada visa processing time does not include
- the time it takes to send an application between a visa application centre and IRCC.
- the time you need to give your biometrics.
Thats it for this article; if you have any further questions, please leave them in the comments section below, or if you want us to cover “How to Apply for a Canada Visa,” please let us know.