The embassy of India in Malaysia on Thursday shares the schedule of Vande Bharat Mission flights from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to India between 21-31 July 2020.
As per the schedule, Air India Express will operate 7 flights from Kuala Lumpur to Trichy, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Bengaluru and Kochi under the Phase 4 of Vande Bharat Mission.
Here is the schedule share by the embassy:
Vande Bharat Mission Flights From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to India
|S. No.||Flight No.||Date||Departure||Destination||Fare (RM)|
|1||IX 1625||21 July||2055 hrs||TRICHY||960|
|2||IX 1121||22 July||1545 hrs||DELHI||1150|
|3||IX 1621||24 July||1445 hrs||CHENNAI||905|
|4||IX 1629||27 July||1445 hrs||HYDERABAD||1160|
|–||IX 1629||27 July||1445 hrs||CHENNAI||905|
|5||IX 1121||29 July||1545 hrs||DELHI||1150|
|6||IX 1627||30 July||1930 hrs||COIMBATORE||1050|
|–||IX 1627||30 July||1930 hrs||TRICHY||960|
|7||IX 1421||31 July||1445 hrs||BENGALURU||1160|
|–||IX 1421||31 July||1445 hrs||KOCHI||960|
Guidelines For Booking Flights From Malaysia to India
1. The ticketing is being done by Oscar Holidays Sdn Bhd which had been nominated by Air India/Air India Express. Its details are as below:
- Address: Oscar Holidays Sdn Bhd, Unit 01.02, Level 1, Menara Multi-purpose, Capital Square, No 8, Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100, KL.
- Email: [email protected]
- Tele: +60126220293/+60126226881/+60126220160/+60126221602
2. Passengers will get phone/WhatsApp calls from the above numbers only. It is advised that passengers may kindly check & verify by calling the above numbers and using their Registration Number/ Passport Number before booking tickets online. Alternatively, listed passengers may buy the tickets from Oscar Holidays Sdn Bhd’s office at Capital Square.
3. It may please be noted that there will be no ticketing at the airport.
4. Passengers who have purchased their tickets in advance are requested to report at the airport at least 5 hours before the scheduled departure for verification, documentation and to cater for delays in Check-in, Immigration, Security checks, etc.
5. There have been numerous instances wherein, despite confirming to the High Commission, passengers have declined to travel to India at the time of booking. Such passengers are requested to inform the High Commission of their unwillingness well in time. This would allow other distressed passengers to be accommodated in these flights.
6. The Registration numbers of passengers shortlisted for each destination will be available on our website
7. Indian nationals are advised to follow the guidelines/instructions laid down by Malaysian Immigration with regard to obtaining Special Pass (SP) Check Out Memo (COM), etc, to avoid clearance issues at Airport Immigration.
Indian nationals requiring emergency assistance may contact the 24×7 Helpline/ WhatsApp(+60183196715 or Email Id [email protected]).
For regular updates, please check the High Commission website https://hcikl.gov.ini