Uttarakhand government has given permission to start interstate bus operations in the state from Oct. 1.
Also, remember that the government has made it clear that passengers will be accommodated according to the permitted capacity.
Mr. Om Prakash, the Secretary-General of Uttarakhand, issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the operation of interstate and domestic bus services.
The SOP issued by state government:
- Every public vehicle needs to be properly sanitization before and after the journey, else it won’t be allowed to operate.
- No consumption of tobacco, pan, and cigarettes on the buses.
- Traveling while standing won’t be permitted.
- All the passengers, conductors, and drivers need to wear face masks throughout the journey.
- Every passenger must install the Aarogya Setu app on their mobile phones.
The order also said that Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) is only allowed to make 100 trips per day (to and from) in the first phase.
The statement read: “The UTC may only operate interstate buses if coordination has been established with the transport companies of other states. You must strictly adhere to Covid-19 guidelines while buses operate, including the mandatory wearing of masks by bus staff and passengers, and thermal screening. “
The bus tariffs are set by the state transport authority.
Not only that, the government has also ended orders to put 50 percent of passengers on buses and raise the fare.
For the latest travel news and updates, Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin!
Also Read – New Guidelines For Travel Under Unlock 5.0: All You Need To Know