The CBP (Customs and Border Protection) of the United States on Friday announced that the temporary restriction on non-essential travel at US land border ports of entry remains in effect.
However, Essential travel and trade continue unimpeded. Essential travel includes, but is not limited to:
Who can travel to United States?
- U.S. Citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes (e.g. to receive medical treatment in the U.S.)
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to conduct essential work in the United States.
- Individuals traveling for emergency row response and public health purposes.
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border.
- Individuals engaged in official government ell travel or diplomatic travel.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and the spouses, and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces, returning to the United States; and individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
Recently Canada has also extended the travel restrictions on non-essential international travel until July 21st, 2021.