Starting from 0300 GMT on 23rd April, Friday, India was being added to Britain’s ‘Red List’ of countries, banning all arrivals from India except for the UK or Irish nationals.
- British Airways
- Air India
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Oman Air
Eligible Travelers To UK
- UK Nationals, Irish Nationals
- Indian national with D category visa.
- Foreign Nationals except Canadians transiting through UK or spouse of these persons whether accompanying or otherwise.
Eligible Travelers To India
- Indian Nationals and OCI Cardholders holding any country passport
- All Foreign Nationals on work permit and Business visitor
Protocols For Travelling To UK
- From India, you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British, Irish or with residency rights. You will need to quarantine in a government-approved hotel travelers must book and pay for a Managed Hotel Quarantine Package, (click here) citing the invoice reference number in your Passenger Locator
- Passenger locator form to be filled 48hrs before arrival in UK (click here)
- RT-PCR with QR code, Lamp or Antigen Test” Mandatory 72hrs prior arrival for aged 11 and above
- The testing on arrival requirement is in addition to the existing mandatory for all international arrivals
- Everyone aged 5 years and over must book a test package from the CTM portal ONLY costing £210. Required to have two PCR tests, on day 2 and day 8 of their 10-day quarantine. (click here)
Protocols For Travelling To India
- BA Declaration form to be submitted no later than 24hrs before travel and email to
- RT-PCR Test mandatory 72 hr prior to departure
- submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal and upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report.
- Exemption form required only in case of exigency due to the death in the family, to be applied online at least 72 hours prior boarding
- At Maharashtra Mandatory 7days IQ followed by 7days HQ
- Registration Mandatory for OCI card Holder with Indian embassy
- UK – 10 Days Institutional Quarantine.
- India – 14 Days HQ “Mandatory RT-PCR negative certificate” “7 Days paid IQ at Maharashtra Mandatory” (State wise rules differs)
Relevant Forms And Registration Links
- Pre-departure info card for Vande Bharat Mission flights, British Airways or Air Bubble flights. Information you submit here will be sent back to you by email. You will have to show this email (on your phone or a printed copy) at the time of check-in to get the boarding pass. Please fill in separate cards for each passenger if there are other family members travelling with you. (google.com)
Also Read: UAE Air Travel Guidelines