As you may already know that starting from 5th August 2021, passengers with valid UAE resident visas can travel from India to and through UAE.
Air India Express on Friday announced the revised guideline for UAE passengers and said that all passengers to UAE will require GDFRA or ICA approval prior to their travel.
The airline also issued detailed guidelines for passengers that said all UAE travelers must need to fulfill the following requirements.
- For Passengers Transiting UAE
- For Passengers Arriving Into UAE
- Pre Entry Approvals
- Travel Requirements
For Passengers Transiting UAE
- Permission/approval from country of the destination.
- Negative RT-PCR test report having QR code, from authorized laboratories with 72 hours validity from the time of sample collection.
For Passengers Arriving Into UAE
Vaccinated UAE Residents
- Passengers having valid UAE resident visa , fully vaccinated in UAE ,completed fourteen (14) days after 2nd dose , holding official vaccination certificate issued and approved by relevant authorities in UAE are permitted to return to UAE.
- The vaccination certificate needs to be submitted through following portals:
Non Vaccinated Passengers
- Citizens of the United Arab Emirates and their first degree relatives.
- Holder of Golden and Silver Visa
- Indian Diplomats, including the administrative workers of Indian missions in UAE.
- Heath care workers – Doctors, Nurses and Medical Technicians working in UAE.
- Educational Sector Workers – Professors, Teachers and students studying in UAE
- UAE Government employees.
- Humanitarian cases with valid UAE resident permits, for family reunion.
- Passengers who want to undergo medical treatment in UAE .
- Exhibitors and participants who are under sponsorship of EXPO 2020
Pre Entry Approvals
Dubai Visa holders arriving into UAE
The passenger shall submit a request through the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs, for the necessary approval;
- Passengers must register through below link: https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Smart_OTCServicesPortal/ReturnPermitService.aspx
Kindly note that permission granted by the GDRFA before 5th August 2021 is not acceptable. GDRFA permission issued on 5th August 2021 onwards would be accepted for travel.
Other Emirates Visa Holders into UAE
The passenger shall submit a request through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship (ICA) for the necessary approval;
- Passengers must register through below link; https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/registerArrivals
- Negative RT-PCR test report having QR code, from authorized laboratories with 48 hours validity from the time of sample collection
- Rapid PCR test must be done within four hours of departure of the flight at the airport.
- Undergo a PCR test at the arriving airport.
- UAE nationals are exempted from above requirements.
- Passengers may be advised to report to the Airport 06 hours prior to departure.
Additional requirements for passengers arriving into Abu Dhabi and Ras al-Khaimah Airports
- 10 days home quarantine upon arrival
- PCR test on the 4th and the 8th day after arrival
- Adherence to wearing the tracking watch on arrival.
Please Note: Abu Dhabi Airport has advised not to carry any incoming passengers Ex India till 10th Aug 21