The UAE’s National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority last week announced revised guidelines for travelers who wish to travel to the UAE.
The new guideline has comes into effect starting from 15th August 2021.
As per the revised guidelines issued by the authorities, passengers with valid UAE resident visas will be accepted to travel from India to UAE subject to holding the following documents;
- For UAE Residence Visa Holders issued from Dubai and traveling to Dubai: “Return Permit for Resident outside UAE form” which is issued to the passenger(s) from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) through:
- For UAE Resident VISA holders traveling to UAE other than Dubai: “Return Permit for Resident outside UAE form” which is issued to the passenger(s) from the below ICA link:
- Expo 2020 Visa holders are permitted to travel to UAE without GDRFA/ICA
- Registering vaccination certificates is optional for travelers who wish to enjoy the benefits made available in the UAE to vaccine recipients.
Travel Requirement for all Passengers for travel to UAE
- A VALID Negative Covid-19 test certificate with a QR code linked to the original report. This has to be issued within the valid time frame, i.e. 48 hours from the time of collecting the sample to the scheduled departure time, and has to be taken from an ICMR approved laboratory.
- A Rapid PCR test report that should be based on molecular diagnostic testing intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid for SARS-COV-2 viral RNA; conducted at the departure airport prior to four (4) hours of departure.
Additional requirements for passengers arriving into Abu Dhabi (AUH) and Ras al-Khaimah Airports (RKT):
- 10 days home quarantine upon arrival in RKT and 12 days home/institutional quarantine in AUH. PCR test on the 4th and the 8th day after arrival in RKT and PCR test on the 6th and the 11th day after arrival into AUH.|
- Adherence to wearing the tracking watch on arrival.
- Passengers are advised to report 6 hours prior to departure as Rapid PCR test counters at Airports would close 2 hours prior to the departure.