The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICA) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has announced the implementation of a new package of updates to the smart services system in order to provide better services to customers, meet their needs, and increase the rate of ease of access to services.
The new updates include approximately 15 services and procedures related to the availability of a variety of services in the establishments’ accounts regarding the issuance of family group tourist visas, treatment and accompanying the patient, and other services.
UAE Visa & Permits Updates in the smart services system
The package of updates includes approximately 15 services and procedures. Here are the key points regarding the updates in the smart services system:
- The updates are related to a range of services in establishments’ accounts, including the issuance of family group tourist visas, treatment and accompanying the patient, and extending visit visas for relatives or friends for 30, 60, and 90 days.
- The updated package of services and procedures also includes exempting citizens of determination from the fingerprint requirement when submitting applications for issuing, renewing and replacing passports.
- The service of extending the visit visa of a relative or friend for one or several trips for 30, 60, and 90 days is provided in individuals’ accounts.
- The list of updates includes the availability of a one-time 30-day visa extension service for 90-day visa holders.
- Applicants cannot renew their residence if the validity of the residence is more than 6 months (separate residency services).
- Visa cancellation and modification services are now available in the accounts of GCC citizens registered without an Emirates ID.
- The service of extending the pre-entry validity of visas in the accounts of individuals is also provided.
According to Major General Al Khaili, the authority adopted the new updates to the smart services system and will begin implementing them on February 1, 2023.
Aim of the updates
The updated service and procedure package aims to provide better services to customers, meet their needs, reunite and consider the human dimensions, and increase the rate of ease of access to services.
The goal is to improve the community’s quality of life and customer satisfaction. ICA’s new updates apply to all types of customers, including citizens, residents, and visitors.
The new updates improve customer service, meet their needs, and increase the rate of ease of access to services. These updates are intended to improve the Authority’s and the State’s ability to move forward with a steady pace and a clear vision that preserves society’s security while also supporting stability and economic growth.