As you may already know starting from 5th August 2021, passengers with valid UAE resident visas can travel from India to and through UAE.
However, they need to be fully vaccinated in UAE, Completed fourteen (14) days after 2nd dose, and holding an official vaccination certificate issued and approved by relevant authorities in UAE are permitted to return to UAE.
But recently the UAE authorities have agreed to recognize and approve vaccinations done in India.
According to the Travel Agents’ Federation of India chairman (east) Anil Punjabi,
“UAE’s National Emergency & Crisis Management Authority has informed that passengers who have taken both doses of either Covishield or Covaxin in India to fly back if they have residency permits. The only requirement is that they should have completed the vaccination at least 14 days prior to travel.”
He further added that the move will help hundreds of people who were stranded in India since March.
The UAE has put India on the red list and banned Indians from traveling to the Emirates after India was hit by the Delta variant. With this approval now, the confusion over vaccines has also ended.
Revised Guidelines For UAE Passengers
Emirates, the flagship carrier of UAE on Tuesday updates its guidelines for UAE residents traveling from India, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Uganda.
The airline in its updated guidelines announced that Dubai-bound passengers from the above-mentioned countries will no longer require a Covid-19 vaccine certificate for entry into Dubai.
Indian airlines like Air India, Vistara, and Air India Express have also made a similar announcement and said that “Based on the new guidelines given by the DCAA, airlines need to look for only the return permit from GDRFA and two valid negative PCR reports. Airlines have not been asked to check the vaccination status of the passengers.”
But it is important to note that Etihad Airways has still not updated its guidelines and as per their guidelines, those who are traveling to UAE on Etihad flights are required to show the vaccination certificate of receiving both doses from within the UAE.
All passengers with a valid UAE residence visa are allowed to travel to and through Dubai from these countries, provided they comply with the following:
- Dubai visa holders must apply for pre entry approval through General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
- Passengers must have a valid COVID-19 test certificate issued within 48 hours between the time of sample collection and scheduled flight departure. Only COVID 19 PCR test reports from certified labs that issue a QR code linked to the original report will be accepted.
- Passengers must complete a COVID-19 PCR rapid test 4 hours before the departure of their flight. (Rapid antigen test will not be accepted).
- Passengers must complete a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai.
- UAE Nationals are exempted from the above requirements but subject to COVID-19 PCR test on arrival in Dubai.