In a bid to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus infection, the States Govt of Goa on Wednesday issues new guidelines and announced restrictions on travel and other activities.
As per the latest guidelines only fully vaccinated travelers or those with a negative Covid-19 test report can enter the state.
Moreover, the state govt has also imposed restrictions on capacity in Casinos, cinema halls, auditoriums, river cruises, water parks, and entertainment parks and instructed them to operate at a maximum of 50% capacity.
Goa New Guidelines
- Casino may operate only up to 50% of its capacity, subject to adherence to all Covid safely protocols, including the use of masks. sanitizers, thermal screening, etc. However, the entry shall be permitted for the asymptomatic guests or staff who:
- are fully vaccinated and possess a vaccination certificate of both doses of Covid-19 vaccine issued through the COWIN portal, provided 15 days have elapsed since administration of the Second dose of such vaccine, OR
- possess RT-PCR negative reports for the test conducted not prior to 24 hours from the time of entry.
- Cinema halls/auditoriums/community halls, River Cruises, Waterparks /entertainment parks shall not operate beyond 50% of the seating capacity;
- Place of public amusement. including Spa, Massage parlor. restaurant, pub. bar, hall, auditorium, gym, marriage venue, cinema halls, river cruises, waterparks, entertainment parks, to adhere to all Covid safety protocols, including the use of masks. sanitizers. thermal screening etc. However, the entry shall be permitted for the asymptomatic guests or staff who:
- are fully vaccinated and possess a vaccination certificate of both doses of Covid-19 vaccine issued through Cowin portal, provided 15 days have elapsed since administration of the second dose of such vaccine. OR
- possess Covid negative test report for the test conducted not prior to 24 hours from the lime of entry,
Owner/manager/licensee/organizer of such premises/functions shall be responsible for the enforcement of the above restrictions, including making necessary arrangements for the verification.
Guidelines For Inter-slate Movement
- Asymptomatic persons who are fully vaccinated possess a vaccination certificate of both doses of COVID-19 vaccine issued through the COWIN portal. provided 15 days have elapsed since the administration of the said vaccine.
- Persons entering in Goa for medical emergencies on the production of proof, therefore,
- Two drivers and one helper per goods vehicle, However, the Police or the other authorities will have to scan such persons with the thermal guns to see whether they display any symptoms and if they display any symptoms then the Police or the other authorities should deny access to such persons within the State of Goa.
- For those carrying Covid negative test reports for a test done A maximum of 72 hours prior to entering Goa.