Starting from 29 March 2021, Oman has revised its quarantine guidelines and requires hotel accommodation for undergoing mandatory quarantine. This means if you are planning to visit Oman, you will be required to take a COVID‑19 RT-PCR test and undergo institutional quarantine on arrival.
Indian low-cost carrier Air India Express has also issued an advisory for its passengers traveling to Oman.
New Quarantine Guidelines
Effective 2:00 pm on 29 March 2021, all passengers arriving in Oman must book accommodation for institutional isolation in hotels via the Sahala platform.
However, bookings made directly with hotels before 29 March will be accepted until 28 April 2021.
In line with the quarantine regulations, travel to the Sultanate of Oman for a period of fewer than 8 days is not permitted. The following quarantine requirements apply to international arriving passengers:
- Passengers must hold pre‑confirmed hotel reservations for at least 7 nights, covering the mandatory quarantine period.
- All passengers must conduct the COVID‑19 PCR test on the 8th day from the date of arrival. If the result is shown negative, the bracelets can be removed as per the established procedures and quarantine can be ended.
- If the result of the test conducted on the 8th day is positive, the passenger must remain in quarantine for further 10 days starting from the time of sample collection.
The following categories of passengers are exempted from the mandatory institutional quarantine:
- Diplomats working at foreign diplomatic missions accredited to the Sultanate, diplomats visiting the Sultanate and their families
- Passengers aged 18 years old and below if traveling alone, and passengers aged 60 years old and above
- Aircrew, subject to the precautionary measures issued by the Ministry of Health
- Passengers who have a written exemption for medical reasons from concerned health authorities
- Holders of permits for private institutional isolation centers that are pre‑approved by the Relief and Shelter sector
- Sick passengers whose health conditions require special attention as per the Patient’s Medical Evaluation Form
- The exception includes two companions for female patients or those below 18 years old. Only one companion will be allowed for male patients over 18 years old. The form must be completed and include approval from MOH.
- Sea crew moored in the territorial waters of the Sultanate must hold a hotel reservation covering the duration of their stay in Oman based on the letter of the shipping agent