The Govt. of Rajasthan on Saturday extends the night curfew in the capital, Jaipur, and 12 other cities of the state due to a surge in cases of coronavirus.
As per the new order issued by Rajasthan Govt., the restrictions will be in place from 8 pm to 6 am till 15 January in Kota, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Nagore, Pali, Tonk, Sikar, and Ganganagar.
The circular issued by the govt. stated that “All markets, workplaces, and commercial complexes, etc. shall remain closed during night curfew. All above shall be closed by 7 PM so that the staff and others reach back home by 8 PM unless special permission is obtained from the officer authorized by the District Collector in this regard.”
However, this will not be applicable for:
- Factory with the production of continuous nature.
- Factories having night shift.
- IT and IT companies.
- Chemist shops.
- Offices related to essential emergency services.
- Marriage-related gathering.
- Any work-related to Medical services.
- Passengers coming/going to bus stand, railway station, and airport.
- Movement of all trucks and other goods carrier vehicles and persons employed for loading and unloading goods.
Earlier, the govt. of Rajasthan imposed a night curfew from 8 pm to 6 am within urban limits of 13 district headquarter towns of Kota, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Nagore, Pali, Tonk, Sikar, and Ganganagar from 1 December to 31 December.
Meanwhile, on Friday Rajasthan reported 609 new cases of Coronavirus taking the number of infections to 3,08,852.