As many as 13 international airlines have shifted their flight operations from Qatar’s Hamad International Airport to Qatar Hamad International Airport (DOH) to Doha International Airport (DIA) starting today, September 15.
Qatar has recently announced the reopening of Doha International Airport (DIA) the Qatar capital’s second airport, located 15 minutes away from the city centre and within 30 minutes from most of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ stadiums.
The decision to reopen Doha International Airport coincides with Qatar’s preparations for over a million visitors during the FIFA World Cup 2022. The move is expected to relieve congestion at Qatar’s sole international airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha.
It should be noted that up until the opening of Hamad International Airport on May 27, 2014, Doha International Airport served as Qatar’s primary commercial international airport.
Now, a total of thirteen airlines will begin operations at Doha International Airport (DIA) on September 15, 2022, and will continue until December 30, 2022.
The full list of 13 airlines is below, including three from the UAE: Etihad Airways, Flydubai, and Air Arabia.
Airlines begin operations at Doha International Airport
|S. No.||Airlines||IATA Code|
|10.||Pakistan International Airlines||PK|
Departures at Doha International Airport
- Doha International Airport’s departure terminal is located in the Old Airport area in Doha city, at the junction of D-ring road and Al Matar Street.
- The departures terminal is designed to handle 2,000 departing passengers per hour. It has 83 check-in desks, 52 departure immigration counters and 22 departure boarding gates.
- Access into the terminal building is reserved for ticketed passengers only.
The departures terminal is connected to the city via the Al Matar Al Qadeem metro station- Red Line (600 meters away), with multiple bus routes to the airport.
- Car parking payment can be made upon exiting the parking area.
- Retail and food and beverage options, wellness services, currency exchange and ATMs are available for passengers.
- Passengers can purchase SIM cards and top up roaming data at Ooredoo and Vodaphone booths located within the terminal.
Arrivals at Doha International Airport
- Doha International Airport’s arrival terminal is located at Ras Abu Aboud, on C Ring Road, the Doha city
- DIA arrivals terminal has been designed to handle 2,000 arriving passengers per hour. It has 52 arrival immigration counters.
- Passenger pick-up facilities are available at the DIA arrivals terminal.
- Parking payments can be made at payment machines located within the terminal or upon exiting the parking area.
- The arrivals terminal is connected to the city via the National Museum metro station- Gold Line (800 meters away) as well as buses, limousines, taxis and car rental facilities.
- Qatar Duty-Free (QDF) retail options, Currency exchange and ATMs, and food and beverage options are available for passengers.
- Passengers can purchase SIM cards at Ooredoo and Vodaphone booths located within the terminal.
- Qatar Tourism and Discover Qatar counters are also available to assist passengers that are planning to explore the country.