Qatar Airways has announced to resume flights to New York, Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington Dulles in the US.
The national carrier of Qatar on Thursday said its “commitment to the US market has not waivered throughout this unprecedented crisis.”
“While other airlines from the Gulf stopped operating, Qatar Airways has continued to work closely with the US Government and airports to take over 160,000 stranded people home from Australasia, Africa, India and the Middle East,” according to a statement issued on Thursday.
- Qatar Airways said the flights to New York will resume on June 19 (rising to 10 weekly from July 2) and to Boston, Los Angeles and Washington Dulles from July 1.
This will see the airline’s US network rebuild to some 39 weekly flights by mid-July 2020.
“With strong existing partnerships with American Airlines and JetBlue in place, the restarting of these flights brings even greater benefits to Qatar Airways passengers,” Qatar Airways said.
The existing services to Dallas-Forth Worth and Chicago currently enable passengers to book onward travel with American Airlines to almost 180 destinations on more than 350 domestic flights per day.
This will increase to more than 600 daily flights with the addition of services to Boston, New York, Los Angeles and Washington Dulles. Qatar Airways’ New York flights and five-weekly Boston flights will also facilitate the resumption of the JetBlue codeshare.
Passengers will immediately be able to book travel across the entire JetBlue network on 70 flights per day to 46 destinations.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, HE Akbar al-Baker said,
“The United States is historically a hugely significant strategic market for our airline and at the end of April, US Secretary of State, Michael Pompeo personally expressed his appreciation of Qatar Airways’ continued assistance and the tremendous efforts extended by the airline to repatriate tens of thousands of Americans.
“With the relaunch of these additional four destinations bringing our total to six, Qatar Airways is clearly demonstrating its strong commitment to the US market. All of the six destinations will be served with a minimum of five weekly flights from mid-July, with 10 weekly flights operating to JFK.
“Offering unrivalled connectivity via Hamad International Airport in Doha, passengers to and from the U.S. can seamlessly connect with over 40 cities across Africa, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East from mid-July.
“Qatar Airways has implemented the most advanced safety and hygiene measures on board its aircraft and in Hamad International Airport.”
U.S Destinations Available For Booking:
Boston starting from 1 July (Five weekly flights increasing to daily from 1 August)
- Doha (DOH) to Boston (BOS) QR743 departs: 08:00 arrives 14:15
- Boston (BOS) to Doha (DOH) QR744 departs: 22:00 arrives 16:55
Chicago continually operating (daily flights)
- Doha (DOH) to Chicago (ORD) QR725 departs: 07:45 arrives 13:45
- Chicago (ORD) to Doha (DOH) QR726 departs: 18:50 arrives 16:20
Dallas-Fort Worth continually operating (Five weekly flights increasing to daily from 23 June)
- Doha (DOH) to Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) QR729 departs: 07:50 arrives 15:30
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Doha (DOH) QR730 departs: 18:10 arrives 16:40
New York starting from 19 June (Friday only, daily from 22 June and 10 weekly from 2 July)
- Doha (DOH) to New York (JFK) QR701 departs: 08:15 arrives 15:00
- New York (JFK) to Doha (DOH) QR702 departs: 21:00 arrives 16:15
Los Angeles starting from 01 July (Three weekly flights increasing to five weekly from 17 July and six weekly from 1 August)
- Doha (DOH) to Los Angeles (LAX) QR739 departs: 07:35 arrives 13:35
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Doha (DOH) QR740 departs: 15:35 arrives 17:05
Washington, D.C. starting from 1 July (Five weekly flights increasing to daily from 1 August)
- Doha (DOH) to Washington (IAD) QR707 departs: 08:40 arrives 15:35
- Washington (IAD) to Doha (DOH) QR708 departs: 20:25 arrives 15:55
To ensure travellers can plan their travel with peace of mind, the airline has also extended its booking policies to offer even more choice to its passengers. The airline will allow unlimited date changes, and passengers can change their destination as often as they need if it is within 5,000 miles of the original destination.
The airline will not charge any fare differences for travel completed before 31 December 2020, after which fare rules will apply. All tickets booked for travel up to 31 December 2020 will be valid for two years from the date of issuance. For full terms and conditions visit www.qatarairways.com/RelyOnUs.
(Source – Qatar Airways)