Philippines To Allow Some Foreigners To Enter Country From August

Advertisement

The Filipino Coronavirus Task Force has approved the entry of foreigners with long-term visas from August 1, the President’s spokesman said on Friday (July 17).

The Foreigners with valid and existing visas should be quarantined upon arrival, said Harry Roque, President Rodrigo Duterte’s spokesman.

Long-term visa holders refer to these foreigners who live and work in the country, Roque told Reuters.

Applications for a new entry visa will not be accepted, and returning Filipinos will have priority on incoming flights because airport capacity is already limited, the task force said.

Advertisement

The immigration authorities banned foreigners from entering the country in March to curb the spread of the new coronavirus.

Earlier this week it was announced that part of the capital Manila would be locked-down again as the number of new coronavirus infections in the Philippines increased significantly.

The regulation allows residents to go to work, but outdoor training is prohibited. Shops and stores can remain open, but restaurants are only allowed to take-aways.

The Philippines has reported 61,266 cases of the virus and 1,643 related deaths. It ranks second in Southeast Asia behind Indonesia in terms of the number of infections and deaths.

Advertisement

For the latest travel news and updates, Follow and connect with us on FacebookTwitter and Linkedin!


Also Read –  DGCA to AAI: Don’t Allow Unapproved Charter Flights From UAE

Advertisement