The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Oman on Monday announced that it will lift the travel ban on fully vaccinated passengers from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other 18 countries that were red-listed.
The other Red List countries includes, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Philippines, Singapore, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, United Kingdom and Vietnam.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has issued a circular to the travelers arriving to the Sultanate and all airlines operating into the Sultanate that the following has been decided:
The list of countries from which arrivals are prohibited from entering the territory of the Sultanate has been terminated.
All Omani citizens, residents of Oman, visa holders of Oman, those who do not require a visa to travel to Oman, and those who can obtain a visa upon arrival are allowed to enter the country in accordance with the pre-COVID system.
هيئة الطيران المدني تصدر تعميمًا لكافة المسافرين وشركات الطيران العاملة بالسلطنة بناءً على القرار الصادر عن اللجنة العليا #COVID-19 بشأن إنهاء العمل بقائمة الدول التي يحظر على القادمين منها دخول أراضي السلطنة، ويسري القرار بدءًا من 1 سبتمبر 2021م من الساعة 12 ظهرًا بتوقيت السلطنة pic.twitter.com/8Wy1HxzByK— هيئة الطّيران المدني (@CAAOMN) August 23, 2021
Guidelines For Passengers Traveling To Oman
As of September, 1st, 2021, the following guidelines shall be implemented;
- The list of countries from which arrivals are prohibited from entering the territory of the Sultanate has been terminated.
- Omani citizens, residents with valid residency permits, and travelers with valid visas are allowed to enter the Sultanate without prior approval.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate are required to present a medical certificate with a QR Code of taking two doses or the first dose of COVID-19 locally approved vaccines. The second dose is to be taken 14 days before the scheduled time for arriving at the Sultanate( MOH shall post and update the list of locally approved vaccines).
- All travelers (Omani citizens & Foreign) coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVI D-19 PCR test.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate on long international flights (with a period of no less than 8 hours) with a pre-travel negative PCR test (within 96 hours) are exempt from quarantine as well as travelers on shorter flights with a negative COVID-19 PCR test (within 72 hours)
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate (including diplomats)without a pre-travel PCR test are required to:
- Take a PCR test upon their arrival at the airport.
- Wear a Tarrasud+ bracelet and adhere to quarantine until a negative PCR test result is detected.
- If the result is positive,10 days quarantine is required.
- All travelers coming to the Sultanate before their arrival are required to:
- Register at Tarassud+ and print the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate, both certificates must include QR Code. If not printed, charges will be applied upon arrival via Tarrassud+.
- Travelers below 18 and passengers with medically confirmed health conditions that prevent them from taking the vaccination are exempt from presenting the COVID-19 vaccine certificate and PCR test certificate.
This decision will be effective in the Sultanate from 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 1st of September 2021, except that Omani citizens and their families who departed the Sultanate before the issuance of this circular are exempted from the vaccine requirement for a maximum of two ( 2 ) months from the issuance of this circular.