According to media reports, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) recently implemented new visa rules that allow residents to sponsor family and friends to stay in the country for 90 days.
With the new rules come into effect, residents with a valid residence visa issued in any of the seven emirates, namely Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, and Dubai, will be able to use this new service.
It is worth noting that the 90-day visit visas are no longer issued in general, they can still be obtained under certain conditions. Individuals seeking medical treatment in the UAE, for example, can apply for a medical tourism visa, which allows them to stay in the country for 90 days.
Furthermore, the UAE has recently expanded its visa options to allow residents to sponsor visits from friends and family members, allowing them to stay for up to 90 days.
UAE 90-Day Visit Visa
Cost for 90-Day Visit Visa
The cost of the 90 days visit visa varies depending on the details of the application, and the sponsor or host must pay a security deposit of Dirhams 1,000 (₹ 22,519 approx).
Additionally, there are other fees that include;
- Security deposit: Dirhams 1,025 (₹ 23,084)
- Request fees: Dirhams 100 (₹ 2,252)
- Issue fees: Dirhams 300 (₹ 6,756)
- E-services fees: Dirhams 28 (₹ 630)
- ICP fees: Dirhams 22 (₹ 495)
- Smart services fee: Dirhams 100 (₹ 2,252)
This means that the total cost of the UAE’s 90 days visit visa will amount to Dirhams 1,575 (₹ 35,472) to applicants.
Where to Apply?
The 90-day visit visa application can be made through various channels, including the ICP Smart Services website, the ICP mobile app ‘UAEICP’ available on Apple and Android devices, or an authorized typing centre approved by the ICP. The list of approved typing centres in each emirate is available on their website.
How to Apply?
Below is the complete step-by-step guide to the application process for the 90-day visit visa in the UAE:
- Visit the ICP Smart Services website or download the ‘UAEICP’ mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store on your Apple or Android device.
- Log in using either your UAE Pass or ICP online account credentials.
- On the dashboard of the app, click on the ICP section of your emirate, such as Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship\Abu Dhabi or Sharjah.
- Search for “Visit Visa For Friend or Relative 90 Days (Single Entry) – Issue” in the search bar.
- Click on “Start Service” to begin the application process.
- Fill out the application form with all the required information, including the personal details of the visitor, their purpose of visit, and contact information.
- Upload the necessary documents, including a passport-sized photograph, a copy of the visitor’s passport, and the sponsor’s valid residence visa.
- Pay the required service fees using a credit or debit card. The fees may vary depending on the emirate of residence, and the total cost of the visa amounts to Dirhams 1,575 (Rs 35,472).
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation from the ICP that the application has been placed.
- Wait for the visa approval process to be completed, which takes approximately two to five working days.
- Once approved, the e-visa will be sent to the email address provided in the application form.
- The visitor can now enter the UAE and stay for up to 90 days with a single-entry visa.
Please keep in mind that the application process and fees may differ depending on the emirate of residence, so it is best to check the specific requirements before beginning the process.
The new visa rules, which allow residents to sponsor family and friends for 90-day visits in the UAE, have made it easier for people to reunite with their loved ones. Residents can now apply for visas quickly and easily thanks to the online application process.
The fees and process may differ depending on the emirate of residence, so applicants should carefully review the requirements before beginning the process.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!