NCLT’s bench Mumbai has issued a notice to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the Department of Civil Aviation (MOCA) to clarify their stance on Jet’s previous slots and to come for a hearing on Jan. 12.
The matter was postponed until January 12th.
Airport slot pairs are schedules granted by an airport or designated civil aviation authority for the scheduled landing and departure of a flight. The NCLT’s Mumbai Bench had previously directed the government to clarify the slots available to Jet.
The consortium made up of Murari Lal Jalan from the United Arab Emirates and Kalrock Capital from London, which was awarded the contract to revive Jet Airways, had previously announced that the airline would be operational in the summer of 2021.
The lawyer appearing on behalf of the RP told the bench that “Slots are a vital part of the plan, and it is important that DGCA and MOCA submit their stance on the same.” In September, during a hearing, representatives of DGCA and MOCA said that the slots were allocated temporarily to other airlines.
- Also Read – France May Tighten Coronavirus Restrictions
At peak times, the airline employed 22,000 people, 6,000 of whom were under contract. According to the company, the company still employs over 4,500 people.
Jet was founded on April 17th due to a liquidity crisis and then went into administration in June 2019. When Jet went out of business, there were nearly 700 such slot pairs, including 116 in Delhi and 214 in Mumbai.