Mumbai’s international airport – The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) has announced a new set of protocols on Tuesday for all incoming and outgoing international passengers to prevent the new strain of Covid-19 found in the UK.
As per the government’s announcement on Monday, all flights to and from the UK remain suspended from December 22-31 midnight.
And, also, all the passengers, who came to CSMIA airport on an international flight on Monday have been quarantined.
Here are the new guidelines the CSMIA has announced:
The Passengers arriving by International flights from Middle East and European Countries landing at Mumbai International Airport after 23:59 hrs on 22″. December, 2020 shall comply with the following conditions :-
- If the passenger is landing in Mumbai from any of these flights as transit passenger and the final destination is outside of Maharashtra, they shall be allowed to proceed only if they have RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours of boarding the flight and the results are found to be Negative.
- If the transit passenger does not have the RT-PCR test report as Negative, the passenger may undergo the RT-PCR test at the airport itself. Only after the results are mashed as Negative, he / she will be allowed to proceed to the final destination.
- The list of transit passengers shall be prepared by the airport operator and communicated to the Nodal Officer and Chief Secretary of the destination State for further necessary action.
- If the RT-PCR result turns out to be Positive, the passenger shall be admitted into the MCGM hospital as per the standard protocol.
- The passenger shall transit through domestic air transit only.
- The passengers allowed to transit to final designation out of Maharashtra shall be stamped on hand as “Transit Passenger from Europe / Middle East.
The state also introduced Exemption categories for passengers arriving in MAHARASHTRA by International Flights from EUROPE and MIDDLE EAST.
- The international passengers under the following exceptional circumstances would be considered for exemption from 7 days of compulsory Institutional quarantine by nodal officer of MCGM /Additional Collector (OR) Deputy Collector of Mumbai Suburban District at the Mumbai International Airport.
- The decision would be taken at the airport after arrival on verification of following reasons with proof of documents :
- Pregnant woman in advanced stage of pregnancy.
- Death in the immediate family.
Yesterday, The Govt issued new SOPs for All flyers arriving in India from the United Kingdom; As per the new SOP all passengers will be mandatorily tested for COVID-19 while those testing positive for the new virus strain will be kept in a separate isolation unit.
You can read all the latest SOPs here.
Also Read – CSMIA Witnesses Rise In International Travellers