The Ministry of Tourism on Saturday share a new updated travel advisory on the Coronavirus (Covid-19) through its twitter handle. The updated travel advisory has issued for immediate implementation.
“Please note the updated advisories on #COVID19. These are in supersession of all earlier advisories. #HelpUsToHelpYou #SwasthaBharat #CoronaOutbreak” MoT wrote on twitter.
Here is what the updated travel advisory on Covid-19 stated:
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Updated Travel Advisory
In supersession of all earlier advisories, the following advisories are issued for immediate implementation:
1. All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visa (including VoA for Japan and South Korea) granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and issued on or before 03.03.2020 and who have not yet entered India, stand suspended with immediate effect. Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons, may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
2. Regular (sticker) visa / e-Visa granted to nationals of Peoples Republic of China, issued on or before 05.02.2020 were suspended earlier. It shall remain in force. Those needing to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
3. Regular (sticker) visas/e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travelled to Peoples Republic of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan on or after 01.02.2020, and who have not yet entered India stand suspended with immediate effect. Those requiring to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Protect Yourself While Traveling
4. Diplomats, officials of UN and other International bodies, OCI cardholders and Aircrew from above countries are exempted from such restriction on entry. However, their medical screening is compulsory.
5. Passengers of all international flights entering into India from any port are required to furnish duly filled self-declaration form (including personal particulars i.e. phone no. and address in India) and travel history, to Health Officials and Immigration officials at all ports.
6. Passengers (foreign and Indian) other than those restricted, arriving directly or indirectly from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan must undergo medical screening at port of entry.
7. Indian citizens are advised to refrain from travel to China, Iran, Republic of Korea, Italy and Japan advised to avoid non-essential travel to other COVID-19 affected countries.
For further information : • Call at Ministry of Health, Govt. of India’s 24*7 control room number +91-11-2397 8046 • Email at [email protected]
- IndiGo Waives-off Change Fees on Existing and New Flight Bookings
- GoAir Waives off Cancellation & Change Fees on Tickets
- AirAsia India offers Free Rescheduling on Domestic Flights
- Coronavirus: Air India Express to offer free rescheduling of tickets
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.Advertisement