Online travel platform MakeMyTrip has introduced a ‘Door-To-Door’ baggage transfer service for its customers to make their journey safe, convenient and hassle-free.
The platform has partnered with Avaan Excess to launch the service.
The new offering allows travellers to book an end-to-end baggage transfer service from the departing address to the destination address.
Commenting on the launch, Saujanya Shrivastava, the chief operating officer Flights SBU said:
“We are actively investing in new-age technology solutions and innovations to make air travel safe, convenient and stress-free for our customers in the new normal. As safety and physical distancing at public spaces remain a concern, we are hoping to solve one of the biggest concerns of flyers that are waiting in queues for baggage check-in and pick-up –further helping them save time at airports.
“We are confident that with the new offering, we will be able to take the end-to-end flying experience to superior levels.”
- Also Read – IRCTC To Resume Lucknow-Delhi And Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express Trains From 14 February
The Benefits Of The Service
- The service was designed and developed with the aim of making baggage handling easier for all travellers.
- It is aimed in particular at customers who may check in with bulk baggage or otherwise need assistance at the airport, e.g. People moving cities, seniors among others.
- Travellers can choose the delivery period by selecting a premium package (delivery within 72 hours) or a surface package (delivery between four to seven days) at an introductory price starting from ₹699, depending on the weight of the luggage.
- Moreover, travellers will be able to insure their baggage against loss at no additional fee.
While introducing the offering, Meera Madhusudan Singh, founder and CEO of Avaan India said:
“This is an innovative concept to make air travel safe and convenient –additionally, giving the customer the luxury of excess baggage at an affordable cost.”Advertisement
Available on the Make My Trip website and app, the offering is integrated within the flights funnel –allowing customers to opt for the baggage transfer service while booking air tickets for an upcoming travel.”
Currently, the service will be available in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, Kolkata, Goa, Kochi, Varanasi, Bhubaneshwar, Ranchi, Patna and Ahmedabad.