Kolkata’s Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport on Sunday issued revised guidelines for International passengers arriving from the United Kingdom.
The Kolkata Airport in a social media post said that all international passengers arriving by flights from the United Kingdom to Kolkata Airport shall undergo a 100 percent Covid-19 test which includes 90% RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) and 10% RT-PCR test on arrival.
The announcement comes a day before India’s revised guidelines comes into effect.
This means despite Govt. of India’s latest guidelines which end the requirement of ‘On Arrival Testing’ all travelers from the UK must need to undergo a Covid-19 test if they arrived at Kolkata Airport.
#TravelAlert: As per revised guidelines of Govt of WB, only International passengers arriving by flights from UK to #KolkataAirport shall undergo 100% Covid test (90%RAT and 10% RT-PCR) on arrival. All other guidelines remains same as per latest @MoHFW_INDIA guidelines.— Kolkata Airport (@aaikolairport) February 13, 2022
Notably, India has relaxed international travel norms and issued new guidelines for international travelers arriving into the country starting from today, 14th February 2022.
The rules for international arrivals have been relaxed for 87 countries including Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Maldives, New Zealand, Netherlands, Qatar, Singapore, Switzerland, UK, and the USA. However, China and UAE are among those not on the list as of now.
India’s new guidelines for international arrivals said;
- Apart from uploading negative RT-PCR report (taken 72 hrs prior to journey), there is an option to upload certificate of completing full primary vaccination.
- 14 days’ self-monitoring post-arrival, instead of mandatory 7-day home quarantine.
- No more demarcation of countries ‘at-risk’ & other countries’. Accordingly need for giving samples on port of arrival & waiting till the result is obtained from countries ‘at-risk’ is dispensed with.
- Random sampling of 2% of international travellers on arrival. Guests can give sample & are allowed to leave the airport.
- Need for undertaking RT-PCR test on 8th day & uploading the same on Air Suvidha portal is dispensed with.