At present all passengers arriving from India or who in the past 14 days have been in or transited through India are not allowed to enter in to Japan. However, this does not apply to nationals and permanent residents.
- Air India
- All Nippon Airlines
- Japan Airlines
Eligible Travelers To Japan
- Stranded Nationals of Japan. Foreigners and Indian nationals holding any type of Japanese visa. **
- ** Subject to travel restrictions imposed by Govt of Japan.
Eligible Travelers To India
- Indian Nationals and OCI Cardholders with Japanese passport
- All Foreign holding any valid Indian visa’s
Protocols For Travelling To Japan
- Quarantine questionnaire to be filled
- Passengers are also required to present the QR code at office of Quarantine Narita for smooth entry into Japan.
- Self declaration form to be filled at Airport at Exit
- Original RT-PCR Test report and test Certificates mandatory 72hrs prior to departure with QR CODE, Date, time of specimen collection. Seal and signature and per Consulate format only
Protocols For Travelling To India
- RT-PCR Test mandatory 72 hr prior to departure.
- Submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal and upload a negative COVID-19 RTPCR report.
- Exemption form required only in case of exigency due to the death in the family, to be applied online at least 72 hours prior boarding.
- Registration Mandatory for OCI card Holder with Indian embassy.
- Japan – 14 Days of Self Isolation
- India – 14 Days HQ “Mandatory RT-PCR negative certificate” (State wise rules differs)
Relevant Forms And Registration Links
Also Read: Germany Air Travel Guidelines