The Indian Railway Tourism and Catering Corporation (IRCTC) has started its payment gateway IRCTC-iPay and it is now live for use by the train travellers.
With the facility, passengers can now book tickets without any fuss in a matter of seconds.
Recently, the Indian Railway Tourism and Catering Corporation (IRCTC) also made its revamped website official along with the Rail Connect app.
- Users making payment through the IRCTC-iPay will have to give details and permission for the use of the debit card of their UPI bank account or another form of payment.
- Users can also use the details for all future transactions on the platform.
As part of its drive to achieve innovation and provide better services to the customers, Indian Railways keep on bringing forth new features.
What’s In The iPay
- The IRCTC iPAY will also allow users to get an instant refund if they book their train tickets through the IRCTC website or the mobile app.
- According to IRCTC, the AutoPay app facility will make it convenient for users to book tickets and make the refund procedure easier for users, in case they decide to cancel a ticket, increasing users’ reliability on the app.
- The new payment gateway will also save users’ time.
Last week, the ticketing website launched online bus ticket booking services which went live on January 29. To book bus tickets online, users can go to https://www.bus.irctc.co.in/home.
“IRCTC under the leadership of Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution is gradually moving towards firmly positioning itself as the first government ”One Stop Shop Travel Portal” of the country,” a statement issued by IRCTC had noted.
The IRCTC had updated its user interface and followed the self-reliant Indian approach. It was also pointed out that the changes will benefit many users as around 83 per cent of reserve tickets are booked on the website.