In a move that addresses the uncertainty around flight bookings in the COVID-19 situation, low-cost airlines IndiGo and Spicejet have introduced a special cover which lets passengers to avail of insurance cover to cancel tickets at ‘the last minute.’
Here is what IndiGo and Spicejet are offering in newly launched Insurance Covers:
IndiGo Cancellation Assistance
Leading low-cost carrier Indigo on Thursday announced “Cancellation Assistance” a service that lets you cancel your booking hassle-free.
So, you need to put off your travel plans but you already had the tickets booked? No worries. Cancellation Assistance lets you take care of that with ease. Know more https://t.co/jvYgxoFZkj #LetsIndiGo pic.twitter.com/hGhjwXfpGL— IndiGo (@IndiGo6E) September 10, 2020Advertisement
The airline is charging ₹499 for the ‘Cancellation Assistance’ service and offers;
- Lifestyle Assistance
- Cancellation Assistance
- Complimentary Trip Cancellation Insurance
Here is the eligibility criteria to avail this service
- The passenger must be at least 3 months on the date of travel. The maximum age is 70 years as of the date of travel.
- Trip Cancellation Extension cover can be claimed if you have cancelled your flight ticket at least one day (24 hours) prior to the scheduled departure date.
- The fee will be applicable per passenger per sector basis. For example- in a round trip booking, the fee will be charged twice.
To know more about the service and claim process please refer to this link: IndiGo Cancellation Assistance
SpiceJet Zero Cancellation
After IndiGo, SpiceJet has also announced a similar insurance cover “Zero Cancellation” which lets its customers cancel tickets at ‘the last minute’ on zero cost.
The airline has launched this Zero Cancellation, Trip cancellation extension by partnering with Liberty General Insurance Ltd.
“Now, planning your trip would be easier than ever. Add to your flight booking and get insured against cancellation fee if you change your travel plans. Cancel with ease, claim a refund, and get your money back.” Spicejet said on its website.
The happiness will always be maximum when you don’t have to worry about cancellation fee. Introducing SpiceJet’s Zero Cancellation Fee, Trip cancellation extension. Now, book flights without worrying about paying any cancellation fee.— SpiceJet (@flyspicejet) September 11, 2020
Know more: https://t.co/i5raJKbljI pic.twitter.com/Mh0c3cw8Mv
SpiceJet is offering this “Zero Cancellation” service at starting price of just ₹399
- Easy to Add
- Full refund* of cancellation fee up to ₹5000
- Hassle-free claims
To add SpiceJet Zero Cancellation:
- Select “Zero Cancellation” add-on while booking your flight on SpiceJet’s Website.
- Complete your flight booking.
- The policy will be sent by “Liberty General Insurance Ltd.” to the email address provided while booking the flight.
To know more about the service and claim process you can visit the SpiceJet Zero Cancellation page.