Everything you need to know about Credit Shell
credit shell is a credit note created against a cancelled PNR to be used for a future booking, for the same passenger/s.
As you may be already aware. IndiGo is crediting credit shell (CS), account for all bookings affected for cancelled flights due to COVID-19, even though the booking was created through your travel agent or third-party website.
To protect customer loyalty with you. IndiGo advising all such customers to contact you to process the new book, by utilizing the credit account.
When and how do you get a credit shell?
- f your flight is suspended until 14th April 2020, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, a credit shell has been automatically created by IndiGo against your PNR
- If you cancel a booking for travel up to 30th April 2020, you can create a credit shell from the ‘Edit Booking’ section on the official website of IndiGo.
Where can I view my credit shell balance?
You can easily view your credit shell balance on your itinerary. Click here to retrieve your itinerary and check your balance.
Visit www.goindigo.in → Edit booking → Retrieve itinerary
What is the credit shell validity?
A credit shell is valid for use up to 1 year from the date of issuance.
How can I redeem my IndiGo Credit Shell?
To make a booking using the credit shell:
- STEP 1 Proceed to search for a flight of your choice
- STEP 2 On the payment page, select ‘use credit shell’
- STEP 3 Enter PNR/Booking Reference and Last Name.
- STEP 4 Click on the ‘Redeem’ button
Alternately you can
- Live chat with IndiGo
- Message them on Facebook or Twitter
- Visit airport ticketing counters – applicable after the lockdown is lifted
Remember to quote your PNR details when you connect with us on these channels.
Please Note: Due to nationwide lockdown, all their call centre services are temporarily suspended.
How to Utilize IndiGo Credit Shell for Travel Agents
- Make a hold reservation in your IndiGo login ID
- Drop an email request to email@example.com
- Mention the PNR where CS (Credit Shell) is available along with your login ID.
- 6E team will utilize the credit shell and confirm accordingly.
We acknowledge the need to go online and assure you, our teams’ are working round the clock to develop an online utilization module, which we are hopeful will be live by next week, until then kindly bear with us by following the above process.
- The credit shell is valid to book until’ 1 year from the date of creation
- The credit shell can be used for travel on, by those customers who were booked in the original PNR.
- In the case of multiple passengers, the amount will get equal, split.
- For further details, please contact your IndiGo account manager.
FAQ on Credit Shell Utilization
A credit shell is a form of credit note which is created to be applied towards your future IndiGo flight. The Credit shell is valid until 1 year from the date of creation and can be utilized for the same passenger(s).
Below are the terms and conditions of credit shell policy usage:
– The credit shell is valid to book until 1 year from the date of creation. You may choose your travel date as per your convenience.
– The credit shell is non-transferable. It can be used for travel only by those customers who were booked in the original PNR.
– In the case of multiple passengers, the amount will get equally divided and utilized accordingly.
For Travel Agency Booking – To utilize credit shell customer has to contact the respective travel agency.
For Direct Passengers – Currently, it can be booked through our call center or airport ticketing counter.
Yes, and balance can be used before expiration of credit shell.
The Airline cancellation is due to the lockdown imposed to manage the outbreak of coronavirus. That is why we’re providing a credit note for all new and existing bookings made till 30th April which can be used for their future travel.
You may get in touch with our group booking department firstname.lastname@example.org and they shall advise you further.
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.
- RBI’s EMI Moratorium: Will my installment be deducted, are credit card bills suspended and other questions answered
- All International flights to remain suspended till 1830 hours of April 14, 2020
- All Domestic Flights Cancelled Till 14 April 2020