Haryana’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has inaugurated air taxi services from Chandigarh to Hisar under the UDAN scheme of the Central Government.
Actually, the UDAN flight between Haryana’s Hisar and Chandigarh which was inaugurated by state CM was started by Air Taxi Aviation Company. The Chief Minister of Haryana on January 14 flagged off the first flight from Chandigarh to the newly constructed Hisar airport in Haryana under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – UDAN.
As per the information gathered via officials, Air Taxi has ordered four-seater airplanes. Besides the pilot, three passengers will be able to travel in these air taxis.
“For the first time in the country, a small aircraft in the form of an air taxi is being used for services,” said Khattar at the inauguration ceremony of the air taxi service.
- As said by Khattar, there would also be a second phase which will be started from Hisar to Dehradun.
- The second phase will be started on January 18.
- He also informed that there would be two more routes in the third phase.
- In the third phase, two more routes from Chandigarh to Dehradun and Hisar to Dharamshala will be added on January 23.
- He added that the company also plans to include Shimla, Kullu, and more Haryana routes.
What is the fare?
From Chandigarh to Hisar, the normal fare for a person in the Volvo bus is Rs 700. Here, as per the information, a passenger will have to spend Rs 1,755 for two ways.
How to book tickets?
Travel time and how to book tickets?
- Passengers can book their flights online. The company has also provided the facility of private booking.
- There will be a daily flight between Hisar and Chandigarh at its scheduled time even if only one passenger has booked a ticket.
AirTaxi has stated that it has a fleet of Tecnam P2006T aircrafts, a twin-engine four-seat plane, which have been produced by Costruzioni Aeronautiche Tecnam.