The Indian Railways is going to start the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Superfast special train from January 19. The train currently runs on 4 days a week, but from now on, it will run all 7 days.
Actually, the Railways has decided to increase the frequency of Train No. 01221 / 01222 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) – Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani superfast special to daily.
Bookings for the Special trains will open from 14 January 2021 at all computerised reservation centres and on website www.irctc.co.in
The Union Rail Minister Piyush Goyal tweeted, with the press release from the Central Railways, “From 19th January, Railways to run Rajdhani Superfast Special between Mumbai & Delhi daily, instead of 4 days a week at present. With adequate safety measures in place, this will enhance passenger convenience by ensuring more people travel in comfort.”
According to the Press Release Issued By Central Railways:
- Train No. 01221 Rajdhani superfast special, with effect from 19.1.2021, will leave Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai at 16.00 hrs daily and arrive Hazrat Nizamuddin at 09.55 hrs next day.
- Train No. 01222 Rajdhani superfast special, with effect from 20.1.2021, will leave Hazrat Nizamuddin at 16.55 hrs daily and arrive Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai at 11.15 hrs next day.
- There is no change in halts and composition of this Rajdhani Special Train.
- For detailed timings at halts of the above Rajdhani superfast special train, please visit www.enquiryindianrail.govin or download NTES App.
- Only passengers having confirmed tickets will be permitted to board this special train.
The Central Railways has also advised passengers to follow all norms, SOPs related to COVID19 during the boarding, travel and at destination.