Indian Railways passengers can now check the PNR Status, Train Status, and train-related information directly on WhatsApp by using a new feature that has been launched by Railofy.
According to ‘Railofy’, the new feature will help save time and provide more convenience to the railway passengers.
To make the train travel experience a little convenient, this new feature launched by Railofy allows users to get real-time PNR Status as well as train journey information via WhatsApp.
The Indian start-up ‘Railofy’ aim is to help the IRCTC in easing the travel process for the railway passengers, who often have to go through laggy government websites and unreliable services just to access their PNR status or find more information on train delays, live station alerts, and other train-related information.
In addition to all these, the feature also allows users to access upcoming stations in real-time directly on their WhatsApp. This, coupled with information on train delays, is likely to be a game-changer especially when it comes to travel in India since these are commonly enquired for services.
Here is how you can check live PNR Status and Real-time Train Status information via WhatsApp:
1. First you need to update your WhatsApp by heading over to the Play Store for Android or App Store for your iOS device tapping the update button on the app description page.
2. Now save Railofy’s train inquiry number “+91-9881193322” on your phone. This will then bring up the contact in your WhatsApp contacts list.
3. Now open the WhatsApp and tap on the new message button to open your contacts list.
4. You can choose the Railofy contact and then type in your 10 digit PNR number in the message window.
5. Once you send the PNR number to Railofy, it will keep you updated in real-time about the train status via WhatsApp.
According to the Railofy, ” a typical IRCTC user checks his PNR Status approximately 10 to 20 times before the journey date.” This new service will allow them to get regular updates of the PNR Status right on their WhatsApp number. Apart from this, while inside the train, passengers will be informed about the next upcoming station.
How to check PNR status on WhatsApp?
– You can choose the Railofy contact and then type in your 10 digit PNR number in the message window.
– Once you send the PNR number to Railofy, it will keep you updated in real-time about the train status via WhatsApp.