Good news for travellers to Saudi Arabia: The Saudi Embassy in New Delhi, India, has just announced that it will no longer require Indian nationals to submit a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
This indicates that applicants from India now do not need to submit the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), which is one of the mandatory requirements for Indian applicants.
According to a statement issued by the Saudi Embassy, the decision was made as part of the two countries efforts to strengthen their relations. This move will provide much needed relief to over 2 million strong Indian community in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
“In view of the strong relations and strategic partnership between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of India, the Kingdom has decided to exempt the Indian nationals from submitting a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC),” said the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in an announcement.
“The PCC will no longer be a requirement for Indian citizens to obtain a visa for travelling to Saudi Arabia. This decision has been taken as a part of the efforts of the two countries to further strengthen their relations.”
“The Embassy appreciates the contribution of over two million Indian citizens living peacefully in the Kingdom,” the statement further reads.
How to apply Visa to Saudi Arabia
The process of obtaining a Saudi visa for Indians is relatively simple. There are different procedures depending on the type of visa required. The general steps for applying for a visa to Saudi Arabia are as follows:
- The first step is to determine what type of visa you require and whether you are eligible for it.
- You must then gather the required documents in accordance with the Saudi Arabia visa requirements for Indian citizens.
- Create an account for visa application on the Saudi Arabia MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) website.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Pay the visa fee online and download the form with your MOFA/reference number.
- Attach your visa documents with the form.
- Send the application through a registered agent to the nearest Saudi Arabian Embassy.
Follow and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google News for the latest travel news and updates!