The Consulate General of India in Dubai will remain open on all holidays, including weekends for emergency services, the consulate said on Monday.
The facility is only provided for emergency requirements of travel documents such as passports, emergency certificates and visas, workers, and other exceptional cases.
Visitors were advised to call the mission’s helpline numbers around the clock to determine if evidence of emergency services was needed to ensure that they fell within the emergency services category, which could not be moved to the consulate’s next working day.
The consulate issued a press release on Monday saying, “The Consulate will remain open during all holidays – including Friday and Saturday – from 8:00am to 10:00am to address emergency requirements of the general public, effective from August 1 till December 31.”Advertisement
Here is the press release issued by Consulate General Of India,Dubai:
Passport and visa related cases
- The press release said, “For passport renewal cases, visitors are advised to fill online application at https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ and take printout, latest light background photographs, first and last page copy of passport, visa copy/Emirates ID number and documentary proof of emergency.” A change in personal particulars are not allowed in emergency passport renewal service and normal visa services are suspended.
- “However, for emergency visa requirement, visitors are advised to visit website at https://www.cgidubai.gov.in/page/categories-of-visa/ to ascertain the requirement of documents before coming to Consulate including proof of emergency,” it said. Visa form is required to be filled in the Consulate premises.
Emergency labour cases
- Labour cases and other distress cases requiring emergency interventions on part of the Consulate can also approach us during these hours. All applicants coming to the Consulate to avail of these services must call 24×7 helpline numbers to allow access into the Consulate. Visitors will be provided with a Unique Reference Number.
- Local security does not allow large presence of people after office hours and holidays in diplomatic area. Hence, only people with genuine emergencies should approach the Consulate on these days.
Here are the emergency Consular services numbers
- 056-5463903 (24×7)
- 054-3090575/ 054-3090571/ 054-3090572 (8AM to 8PM all days)
(With inputs – @cgidubai/Twitter)
Wear Mask. Follow Social Distancing. Stay Healthy. Stay Safe.
Have a safe Journey!